Saturday, December 23, 2023

Happy Dancing!!

 Let's start off the day right!  It's O-dark-thirty and foggy.  Though this looks like a light saber, it's just my morning flashlight scan of the back yard to be sure there are no tuxedos roaming around before Cooper can come out.  It's pretty amazing to see the water droplets you are breathing in with every breath you take.  It's looks fuzzy here because the camera doesn't take the picture fast enough.  Pretty cool!


So let's start the day with some panic!!  Nothing can wake me up faster.  I was looking for the box that was supposed to mailed out.  I looked in every cupboard and corner.  When I know I have company coming, I sometimes just stuff things anywhere and everywhere to get them out of sight.  

I thought this was the case.  I even went on a scavenger hunt in the garage.  Nope ... no box.  Panic set in.  Where did it go?  Then I remembered.  All those antique clothes I gave away were on top of the box.  You don't suppose he took the box too?

From the sleepy voice I heard, I'm pretty sure he was still in bed.  Thank GOD he had not given it away.  Oh my great Aunt Suzy ... he not only had the box, but he brought it back to me.  WHEW!!!  That was a close one!!!  Happy Dancing could be seen in my windows.  I'm not going to mail it until after Christmas so it doesn't get lost again.


So here I am parked at the repair shop once more.  As I mentioned, after waiting for an hour, my ride didn't show up so the boss drove me to the Elks Lodge.


And here I am, waiting and waiting until my fingers and nose were completely frozen.  I got in only because the kitchen crew was already setting up for a big dinner.  The upstairs is still completely locked up ... and won't be open until the 11:30 crew come in.  I finally grabbed a chair and parked in front of the kitchen door where the stove heat finally thawed me out.


Seven hours is a LONG time to be just sitting.  I played every possible game on my phone and downloaded a couple more to pass the time.  My company who came from Sacramento and thought she would pick me up at 12:30, didn't make it until almost 2:00.  Home we went to await the call for my truck.

I finally called them.  It came off the alignment rack at 4:30.  We raced down there, just so I could drop a measly $1,900.00.  Yikes!!!  That was okay with me ... it's much better than $80,000+.  

So here's the thing .... the decision to buy a new truck has been put off for a few months.  There's no way I could get the hitch installed, along with another big fuel tank, and get some miles on it before I plan to leave.  Now that this truck is fixed, it hopefully will be worth a little more if I trade it in.

So here's the fix .... new leaf springs.  Then they adjusted the torsion bar, though they said it's as far as it will go and probably should be replaced before too long.  As for the thunk in the driveline, which happens once in a while when it shifts ... they worked on that and didn't even charge me.

I ran out and jumped in ... to find the seat completely out of adjustment. I mean it was sitting on the floor with the back rest 6" behind me.  It was a shock when I sat down.  I quickly adjusted the seat, only to find the steering wheel (which is movable) was hitting my knees.  I couldn't even see the speedometer.  Cyndae was ready to go, so I drove it like that. 

That's when it happened ... you were waiting for this part, right, because you know it wouldn't go off without a hitch of some kind.  I hit the brakes going out the driveway and came to a screeching stop.  I thought Cyndae would run into me!  What the heck?  All these years I have asked shops to adjust my brake pedal.  It goes down quite a ways before the brakes take hold.  They all said it was normal and okay.

Well let me tell you, those brakes take hold right at the top with barely any pressure at all now.  I LOVE IT!!!  Who said they couldn't be fixed??

Back home, I opened the door and stepped out, almost falling on my face.  Good grief ... that's a tall step to the floor now!  Like it used to be!  Another Happy Dance ensued!!  And look ... it's level!   I've got my old NEW truck back.  I'm hoping my trailer will still be level when hooked up.


Cyndae and I hung out for awhile before she had to head back to Sacramento.  What a great friend.  No she didn't drive all that way just to give me a ride ... she had a hair appointment with our best friend.  Still, she came down a day early to help me out and visit.  Such good friends are hard to come by!

I finally went outside to thank my lucky stars and found this.  Here is the moon this high in the sky on one side of me .......


And here is the sun just as high in the sky on the other side.  I hope this means the days will be getting longer.  After all, I have a "newish" truck to test drive today.


TWO SLEEPS ...... are you ready?????







22 comments:

  1. Two sleeps? When i was young young, there were no sleeps when it this close.

    Enjoy your new old truck. It looks level and i can see it’s dancing in the driveway , eager to get out into use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I would like all the gadgets on a new truck, but this one is hanging in there quite nicely for now.

      Delete
  2. That was Emjay, BTW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good decision to fix your truck, I think. Yes, two sleeps (if I can, that is) and then excitement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe something crazy will happen and the price of a new truck will go down! Christmas is almost here!!

      Delete
  4. So happy that your truck is in much better shape than it was. I think that was a fair price for all they did...even got your breaks adjusted right too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they did a great job ... now to test it out.

      Delete
  5. Happy truck...happy girl!
    Glad you got it fixed.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ma'am! Merry Christmas to you and your hubby!!!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Yup ... it's a load off, that's for sure. Vehicles you can count are are a big plus!!!

      Delete
  7. Excellent decision on the truck. There is nothing like that big step, gets the heart pumping and the knees wobbling. Lol.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are exactly right Deb. I imagine there will be a new truck, just not this year.

      Delete
  8. I’d give a dollar 💵 to see that itemized bill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Congrats on the old new truck. Dance away, girl, those boots were made for it. It's line dancing, right? 🤠 👢

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ... it's line dancing. Except they don't have any of that around here! LOL. So I just do my own thing!

      Delete
  10. Good to hear your truck repairs turned out to your satifaction. Now you can relax and plan for your trip without worries.
    Bobseyes

    ReplyDelete