Sunday, August 1, 2021

Patience Is A Virtue .....

 Some times all is right with the world.  Some times, not so much.  These javelinas certainly are happy campers.  With all the water still in puddles on the ground, I'm surprised they stop to drink.  I imagine this clean water tastes a little better than that red clay stuff in the river below.  I do get a kick out of watching them.


I spent much of the morning tracing down a gift card.  They seem so handy .... just buy one and send it off to the birthday girl.  The $10.99 birthday card was one of those annoying ones that plays the music loud enough for the entire store to hear.  It was appropriate for the 51 year old.

Just to be sure no one stole the card looking for money ... because you know they are out there looking for anything free ... I placed it all in a plain brown wrapper envelope to disguise the contents.  Unfortunately, I sent it by the infamous Post Office, known for their missing parcels and letters.

Sure enough, I got the call ... it never arrived.  They said three days ..... it had been ten.  That meant digging through my garbage can one stinky slimy piece of paper at a time until AHA! I found the receipt for the $100 gift card.

Then the one hour phone call while I tried to get it cancelled.  Please just credit my account.  Oh no, we can't do THAT!  We are going to send you ANOTHER card via the same sending service ... USPS.  I see another long phone call in my future.


Patience is not one of the virtues I inherited.  I try, but my head is always screaming inside.  The fish dinner was so good, Patty and I took Mr. Chance back to Off the Hook.  We placed our order at 5:00, knowing from past experience, it would be about an hour.

At 6:00 I was looking for our food, since the guy who ordered before us just left with his.  We waited and waited some more.  At last she came up and said ... sorry, we are out of red snapper and the beignets I had been thinking about since the last visit.  But we ordered at 5:00!!

We have lots of phone orders she said ... and they come before you.  But ... but ... that guy who just left was in front of us.  It did no good to complain.  An hour and 40 minutes later, we finally got our food.  I have to say it was REALLY good, but with that kind of service, I won't be going back.  My patience meter broke.


Here's another critter quickie.  These guys usually spend some time sipping at the water station.  This time they were in a hurry to go somewhere.  Apparently Dad had no patience.  Here they come ..... and there they go!!!


Patience does pay off in the lightning department.  Another big storm came in, only this one was a little different.  Instead of the big strikes to the ground, there was more of a light show up in the clouds, making for some amazing colors.

I'll post more of those tomorrow since right now I have to try and figure out why my Photoshop prescription doesn't want to recognize me.  It's SO frustrating and my patience quota has almost reach the full mark.  


6 comments:

  1. Terrible story about the gift card! One of those things you don't know how to send a gift anymore. I sent a card and a few dollars to my great nephew for kindergarten graduation. They got the card, $$ gone, card was open. Later his dad found someone going through their mailbox. This world sometimes...Yeah, I wouldn't go back again to the restaurant..shame though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's probably what happened in this case too. I hate thieves.

      Delete
  2. The skies in your area have sure been entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have been crazy. I never see this in California.

      Delete
  3. So far we have scored 75% with our togo orders on this trip...maybe even 80%. Hard for these restaurants to keep staff when the government pays them not to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is definitely the truth. They just want people dependent on them so they will vote for them ... like in California.

      Delete