Friday, August 13, 2021

The Amazing Desert

Sometimes in the desert you see spectacular things, like this rainstorm one afternoon.  It's been raining every day making for beautiful colors like this.  Sadly it keeps the critters in their dens, so there's not much on the critter cam.  


It also brings out flowers like I've never seen before.  What the heck is this weird alien beauty?  Surely this came from another planet.  I haven't walked the property recently, so today might be a good day to see what else is blooming.


On one fabulous day Patty and I went deep in the heart, actually BEYOND deep in the heart, to a quilt store we thought was closing.  Instead, they are selling the business, and hopefully the new owners will keep it open.  

Shopping for fabric is SUCH a hard job, being surrounded by beautiful colors and not being able to make up your mind about which ones you want.  That requires extra body building sustenance ..... TACOS!!  We stopped in at our favorite Toro Loco to fuel up.  These are my usual street corn chicken, but this time, smothered in bacon!  Whoa BABY!!!  They were a fabulous treat!! 


When I got home, I topped it off with a big Blue Bunny calorie laden dessert.  It's not my favorite ice cream, but it sure could be now!  Big chocolate chunks, caramel, ice cream, nuts ... what more could you ask for?


Finally, we are back to ordinary things.  My AC unit is of the commercial variety, which I highly recommend for keeping your house cool amidst the high humidity we are experiencing.  It's worked great, but again has been making so much racket!!  The rivets holding the baffle on have broken, allowing it to shake, rattle and roll.  

Family Air came highly recommended by the Chance household and so I gave it a shot.  The nice gentleman was four hours early.  He called first to be sure it was okay.  Why yes, yes it is!!  In less than 30 minutes he took out the fan, drilled out all the rivets and installed screws, adding a few more for good measure.  And just like that I can no longer hear the shake and rattle for a total cost of $95.00.  I'm sure my neighbors appreciate the quiet also.  Yup it was that loud!!


I spent a good portion of the day playing with Mr. Cooper since I've recently been gone on ghost town hunts.  He's such a happy camper, you can't help but smile.


His most favorite thing is to go for an early morning walk, stalking plants and bugs, like a great white hunter.  He would probably appreciate it if I let him get close to the big rocks, but snakes and scorpions may be lurking.  For almost twelve years old, he acts like he's three!!

After that, I have lots of chopping and trimming to do.  All this water is making things grow HUGE!!


9 comments:

  1. I guess we are having the same weather. Lots of water from the sky and heat with high humidity. How can you stand it? But then you got your air conditioning unit fixed so you stay cool indoors. I bet your garden is just thriving. Mr. Cooper does look like a puppy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And MORE rain!! It's actually not too bad. At least it's not so dry I get shocked every time I walk across the carpet!!

      Delete
  2. How/where did you find Mr. Cooper? (He reminds me of my first pooch.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was working for the County, a friend brought in four puppies who needed homes. Cooper was the smallest and wrapped his front legs around my neck to hold on. I was hooked. He's actually a registered poodle ... I'm just not a "poodle cut" person!

      Delete
  3. Always good to have a good AC/Heat company. We have one and each year we have them come out and do a yearly check on our unit (they installed it about 6 years ago)...well worth the $75 they charge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture of the sky, ice cream cone and Mr. Cooper.....beautiful. Elva


    ReplyDelete
  5. I love little Cooper. Such a sweet face and disposition and I've only met him once.

    ReplyDelete