Sunday, August 15, 2021

Color Like You Can't Believe

 Sometimes I look out the patio doors and can't believe my eyes.  Storms have been coming in all around us every day, but THIS day I stood there with my mouth open.  Then I grabbed my camera and raced outside.  Storm clouds were coming slowly in over the mountains bringing a rainbow.  


It just kept getting better and better.  I didn't add any color to these pictures, they are right out of the camera.  I should have put on my wide angle lens, but these scenes are fleeting.  They disappear in a flash, so I just kept clicking away.


The rainbow finally disappeared along with the clouds that turned into rain.  Way off to the right there is blue sky.  This is why I like Arizona during the rainy season, beside the fact that it lowered the temperature to 72.  


This was yesterday's image of a too big baby hummingbird who luckily survived being eaten.


Maybe 40 minutes after posting that, I went to check him out again and he had flown the coop.  I wonder if Mom will keep feeding him for a time, maybe perched in the top of a tree.  I'm keeping an eye on the hummingbird feeder to see if he figures out where the food is.  The bad news is now I have no excuse not to trim up all those bushes in the front.


Just for fun, Patty and I went on a jaunt down in Tucson looking for shoes, and what else ... material.  It's always a chance to hit up one of our favorite places, Opa's Greek Restaurant.  If you are ever in Tucson, you must check it out.  

Sorry there are no before pictures ... we were starving and in about ten minutes, the plates were empty.  This WAS a gyro salad.  Their gyro meat is extraordinary ... take it from a cow person.  It's beef and lamb on a spit, then sliced thin.  It completely covered this huge salad plate.  So much food that we always share.


The bottom plate is the appetizer they bring to every table.  You also can't beat the price ... $10.00 for both and it's more than enough food for two people.  There's even nice pictures of Greece on the wall to make you feel like you are on vacation.  We will definitely be back!!  

Oh and here's a tip .... the salad dressing is Italian dressing with olive oil added.  I never would have guessed.

Even though it's Sunday, my best excuse for doing nothing, I'll be out trimming bushes this morning while it's relatively cool.  If I'm lucky, I can get in maybe 30 minutes before I'm overheated and heading inside, only to be accosted by Cooper for a nice game of roll the ball for at least an hour.

I'm almost finished with another quilt which is way out of my wheel box.  I'll show you pictures of it tomorrow!!

5 comments:

  1. I enjoy going to Opa for lunch. With the smaller 'starter' they supply & your lunch, it is enough for more than 2 people. David is not a fan of Opa, so he orders the American ccheeseburger. So many restaurants to choose from while in Tucson. Lynn Cross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are there any others you really like Lynn? I'm always open to new choices.

      Delete
  2. I know I keep repeating myself & it's tedious for others to read,so I apologize but... just damn. That 3rd sky photo is a freaking JMW Turner painting!! Heck, they all are.
    I hope it's not you that's making the prices spike in the Tucson real estate market, though. Yes, I checked. I always do whenever you blog these gobsmacking canvas-worthy views from your porch, dangit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Leilani!! Aren't those prices crazy? Thankfully it's not me. In our little area a small no frills house used to be $170,000. One just sold for $300,000. Prices are through the roof!!

      Delete
  3. I have to agree with the comment above. Your pictures would sell Arizona to anyone! Not that you have to sell it to Bill andI. We already love it at least in the Winter season.

    ReplyDelete