Saturday, August 28, 2021

Getting Things Done On A Hot Day

 It sure puts a damper on things you want to do when it gets hot outside.   The temperatures soared above 100 again, making me want to spend much more time inside.  Even though we were out walking at 5:00 am, even Cooper didn't last long.  Once he sits down, he's done!  Mom had to carry him half way back.

After the routine of playing ball on the floor, whereupon I get a good case of carpet knees every morning, I  sat down for a marathon session on the computer.  I only paid half of the longarm expense.  I financed the other half through Synchrony, two years at zero interest.

Anyone remember the old GE Bank lending?  They are one in the same.  I called, only to get an Asian sounding lady with a very strong accent.  In other words, I couldn't understand a word she said.  She got very frustrated with me when I kept asking her to repeat that.

In the end, she was no help whatsoever.  Here's the problem.  They are going to send me the payment amount and due date in the mail.  I won't be here, soooooooooo ....... I have to find out what that is going to be ahead of time to set up the payment.  I got nowhere since she couldn't tell me anything!!  I finally hung up and called back again.  This time I got a recorded message telling me their .com name so I could go online.

As with any of these loan sharks ... I mean banks ... if you are late or miss a payment, you pay a whopping 39.99% interest FOR THE ENTIRE TWO YEARS.  If it sounds like a shark, it IS A SHARK!  By the way, here's the second quilt and I still have enough material left over for a third.


I finally got all the info I needed and set up an account so it will be paid automatically on-line.  I sure don't want to miss any of THOSE payments.  

Next it was on to the generator.  I needed to find the serial number for the warranty info.  It was on a paper tag (that I'm sure will fall off) and the writing was so small I had to take a picture with my phone to enlarge it.  Yay ... that's done and all the paperwork is stored in the truck, which is getting rightly full of everything 5th wheel.  

As to my electrical problem ... house plugs not working ... I had an epiphany as I walked into the room where the outlet I needed most was not working.  It's a sign ... not a good sign, but a sign that I'm finally getting old.  I happened to actually LOOK at the switches on the wall.  Yup ... I remember now ... you have to turn on that switch for that outlet to work (which I've been doing every time I'm here).  It's now working just fine.  No electrician needed.  Aren't I glad I didn't call one out and have to pay $95 for him to turn the switch ON.

The monsoons are making one last ditch effort to hatch out every creepy crawly in the desert this week.  I found this on my arm this morning.  Either I taste really good because there are TWO holes, or the vampire bats have figured out how to get in my house.  If it bites, it will find me.


For my last meal with the Chance family, we hit up the bar again for all-you-can-eat fish and chips.  It's okay that these pieces of fish are much smaller than the last ones.  If you keep asking for more, they will bring it.  It was really quite tasty, although I tried to leave most of the fries.  

I'll probably spend a good amount of time today measuring and measuring again.  I'm trying to figure out exactly where the longarm will go and how I can be a little more organized before the trip back to Cali, especially since I'm getting to be more organizationally challenged as I get older.  Kind of like that light switch thing!


10 comments:

  1. I really hate talking to most customer service as they're always people you can't understand. I love it once in awhile when I get someone I can. Congrats on the longarm, you are someone who should have one! Beautiful quilt! I wonder what bit you? Oh your dinner looks awesome, they certainly aren't cheap with the fries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems more and more they don't speak English very well.

      Delete
  2. Why not apply for a no interest or low interest credit card Up to the amount of the price of the long arm paid off your long arm in full and pay your credit card before the due date that way if you’re late you only pay the interest of that month Remember Back in the 60s when you could,on the back of a magazine buy 35 records or CDs for a penny and pay later they reinvented the wheel Loan sharks and pawnshops , Buy here pay here car dealers all rip offs
    Plus the CDs were Low quality / scratchy anyways

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing you bought some records in the 60's!! Good idea though, get rid of the loan shark.

      Delete
  3. Assuming you are coming to Cal for the pumpkin patch...just hope all this smoke is gone...perhaps smoke is not as far south as Merced. This fire up US-50 is a huge one, nearly 150,000 acres, only 19% contained. They are trying hard to keep it out of the Lake Tahoe Basin. We hear CalFire planes going overhead constantly from morning to nightfall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow ... that's just terrible. There's another big one up by Sonora.

      Delete
  4. Those bites....wow. Yum....hush puppies. Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy, right? I love hush puppies also, but these were pretty dense, to say the least.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the long arm purchase. Some things are worth the hassle of dealing with the phone 'idiots'.
    Love that quilt, those colours are awesome!
    Yes, we too (from yesterday's comments) would love to see a 'Buy a quilt' button on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's going to be a Pay For Shipping And It's Yours Button!

      Delete