Monday, August 2, 2021

My Conversation With God

Nancy:      Good morning Lord.  Thanks for letting me wake up again this morning.  I would love it if you could turn the heat down a degree or two.  

God:      Heat is good for you.

Nancy (as she tries to sign in to Photoshop):  It's not working.  What the heck?  Come on, I've tried everything and nothing will open.  It does not seem to recognize that I pay $9.99 a month for this product.

God:  Silent

I get on the internet and find Adobe Help.  Souvac answers my cry.  Download this program and run the repair app.  I do that, and magically now EVERYTHING photo has completely disappeared.  Good fix Souvac!!

Nancy:  Okay God, I didn't need the frustration this morning.  I'm headed out on an adventure.  Please give me patience to get this fixed.

Nancy:  NO WAIT .... NO NO NO ... I didn't mean give me patience, I meant let my fingers do the typing and quickly repair the problem.

God:  Ah ha!!  You said to give you patience, so I'm going to TEACH you.

Nancy:  No no ... I don't want to learn.  I'm just fine.  Forget it .... PLEASE.  How about that weather???

God:  Silent

And so I spent the next three hours with the Adobe guy, typing notes back and forth about how Nancy was not a very happy camper since doing what he said resulted in everything completely disappearing from my computer.  He asked to be remotely connected.  

That's when they have complete access to everything on your computer.  It's scary, but I complied with a big sigh, all the while wishing I had NEVER asked for patience and thinking I was going to have to buy a new computer.  Another hour and a half ticked by as things were downloaded while Souvac blinked at me from the corner.  

Nancy:  Okay God ... I learned the lesson.  Patience requires practice apparently, because it's not my forte. PLEASE just let my photography program work again.

God:  Okay ... there you go.

Amazingly, all my programs came back up and are working.  Of course everything I had programmed just for me is gone, so that will require a few more hours work.  

BUT WAIT ..... it's not over yet.

God:  Maybe I'll mess with your email setup, just for extra credit.

Nancy:  Nooooooooooooo

Nancy:  I don't need any extra credit God.

God:  Silent

And so Nancy spent the next 90 minutes trying to figure out where her email went, why some things couldn't be found and others that I had deleted reappeared.  I sent out four emails, one of which I suddenly realized the receiver was no longer living.  Gosh darn ...... I'll have to find the correct address and send that one again.

God:  Sent a reply to me from the dead man's email address.  It said "received".

Nancy:  YIKES!!!

And so it went for six long hours.  No breakfast, no catching up on games and no TV.  Poor Cooper and Jonathan were starving, not to mention me.  I finally gave up.

So my adventure morning was postponed.  These amazing lightning images will have to suffice.  Isn't this color just crazy?  This lightning was up in the clouds.

When it did strike the earth, which was every few seconds, it lit up the countryside.

I've never seen color like this before.  I suspect it was because the sun had just set. 


I think this went on for about an hour as the slow moving storm passed by.  Thunder kept talking for quite some time afterward.  


What better way to end the day than with Taco Bell!  I headed to the border just down the hill, since they have chosen to build a new one next to the bank, next to Safeway.  It's pretty cool to be so far out (not really, it just looks that way) and have dinner ready in a flash.  


There is one bad thing about Taco Bell, other than the indigestion.  They have chosen to forego real cheese for nacho cheese.  It's liquid and it's terrible.  Other than that, I thanked God for dinner (not the lesson) and went to bed.



9 comments:

  1. And God said. find an Apple Store. 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haahaah..you are too funny! Loved your conversation with God! Haven't been to Taco Bell in forever but yeah I like REAL cheese not the sauce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. II always seem to have those conversations around my computer.

      Delete
  3. Sympathize but Mr Ed is correct,go Apple- initially a bit more expensive but seldom requires God’s intervention,lol.Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had thought of that. Thankfully, everything is working now.

      Delete