Tuesday, August 17, 2021

My Coyote Buddies and BOOTS!!

With all the rain that's been happening, not many have come to visit the water station.  With another long night of water pouring from the sky, they don't need to wander far for a drink.  Everyone just seems to hunker down, like us human critters.  There's not one but two in this clip.


These two are pretty young.  Sounds terrible, but I wouldn't care TOO much if they had rabbit for dinner.  My two rabbits like the spotlight ... the lure of the stage.  There were not one or two, but NINE videos of them cavorting around the cactus.  Every hour they would come out and pose for the camera.


My main objective yesterday was to hit up Boot Barn for a few western shirts.  You already know this is my favorite place to find boots to add to my collection of maybe 30?  It's a HUGE store as I wandered aisle by aisle to find dozens and dozens of nice cowboy shirts FOR MEN.  Gosh, where's the women's section?


I tried not to look as I passed by the B O O T S.  My feet slowed and finally came to a halt in front of a pair of high top beautiful golden brown shiny with a little bling pair that was calling my name.  Just smell that leather.  It's what I grew up on and is better than any men's cologne around.

I snatched one boot quickly as a lady came down the aisle my direction.  I sat down, threw off my sandal (adding a sock) and stuck my foot in the soft lining.  It got about halfway before coming to a screeching halt.  Wow ... the arch on this boot is really small.  

I raced back to the shelves where the next larger size awaited.  I pushed ..... then pushed a little harder.  Nope .. it was not to be.  There was no way I could squeeze my fat arch through that skinny hole.  Now I was hopping around on one foot looking for a bootjack to get it off.  At last, without falling over, I was able to extricate my foot.  There will be no new boots for you today!

On I went to finally find the small women's section with not a single normal western shirt.  They were all flimsy see through material, not western even in the biggest stretch of the imagination, and made so cheaply one literally came apart in my hands.  

I did try on five items even though I didn't like any of them.  There were two locks on the dressing room door.  Have you ever not been able to get out?  The top one didn't really work and the one on the door handle was suspicious.  Sure enough when I tried to turn it to get out, it didn't work.  I was locked in!!!  I looked down to at least find the space under the door crawlable, but the floor was especially dirty.  Ugh!!

Panic began to creep in as I fumbled with the lock three more times.  Finally .... FREE AT LAST!!!  I left with nothing ... not even a pair of boot socks.  


Maybe I'll hit up an antique store on the way home.  I've been looking for a tall mirror like this one, only this is a picture I found on the internet.  The two big stores I tried had nothing.  I arrived home completely empty handed.  I think that's a first!!


Oh I did find one Victorian mirror that I would have LOVED to bring home, but at $400, it was a tad too much.  

I spent the evening playing with Kid Cooper, rolling around on the floor chasing the ball under the couch.  He has me SO well trained.

And then there was this.  One amazing result of all the rain, besides all the moths, mosquitos, bugs and flying things, is the early morning sunrises.  No sunset here, just a spectacular scene in the early morning light.


I set up the critter cam to see if I could catch the bats that come from Colossal Cave every night to feed at my hummingbird feeder.  I doubt I will see anything with all the rain.  Two more days of water and we should see some sun for a few days, which will probably bring them out for a fly-by.


10 comments:

  1. I've noticed that Boot Barn along with Big R and Tractor Supply have forgotten that women like western shirts, not these flowy things I can get anywhere! I love antique stores! Sometimes the timing is right and you can find the right price...There's one about an hour away that has 2x a year a garage sale where they invite other vendors in..now that's a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am all about antique stores. Been going to them all my life. As for women's western clothes .. you are exactly right!!!

      Delete
  2. Dammmit Nancy, now look what you did!!!

    https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNwXswEGI16PlC-4bQvrvV9u3W_o3CMXwG3lQ6n

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Leilani ... I couldn't get the link to work.

      Delete
  3. The next time you go into boot barn or a boot specialty company try on a pair of wolverines if they haven’t changed their quality they are real comfortable all day boots in whatever style you pick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw they carry those now. First time I've seen so many hiking boots at Boot Barn.

      Delete
    2. Not hiking boots no no I was referring to Western boot
      The kind made with real dead pig skin no cowhide kind.. Pig skin is a lot tougher in the abuse department if you’re going to hike in a desert environment you’ll be glad you Had your pigs on

      Delete
  4. WHAT? Nancy goes into a Boot Barn and comes out empty handed?? Would have never guessed that it was possible! lol

    Now, go to Amazon, type in - women's western shirts (I know, takes the fun out of trying them on...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If there was any way that boot would have squeezed on my foot, I'd have a new pair! LOL

      Delete
  5. I was really excited, waiting for you to show your day's purchases. Darn it! Sorry you couldn't find anything to bring home. Second hand stores are more my thing, if the sign says Antique in our neighbourhood, the price just went up. :)

    ReplyDelete