Monday, November 9, 2020

Skunks 53 - Nancy 0

 Frus-STRA-tion:  The feeling of being upset or annoyed.  Yup that's me!!!  I just can't even imagine how nice it would be not to worry about the puppies when I let them outside.  This is me screaming and pulling out what was left of my hair.

My patience is non-existent at this point.  Even the puppies give me a wide berth.

There I was, having my coffee on the patio in 40 degree weather in the dark.  I just haven't been able to sleep thinking about selling this property.  It should be such an easy decision, but I've lived here most all my life.  Exchanging skunks for rattlesnakes is one problem I'm having trouble juggling.

Any way, that darn skunk just walked right by and thumbed his nose at me.  I made a mad dash for him, throwing my coffee cup at his head.  That's when I discovered ANOTHER hole on the opposite side of the property.  Now they are going through my neighbor's yard to get to mine.  Why me Lord??

I tried to play my zen card but failed miserably.  I got the joker every time.  Instead I decided to hang some Christmas decorations.  As you can see, I didn't get far. 

 
The trap isn't working ... I suspect it's too small.  The only alternative is to go buy a bigger trap and bait it with lots of cat food.  The problem then becomes how to transport it out of here.  My truck is still sick as a dog.  I'm hoping the ambulance comes today and hauls it off for surgery.  So much for my Pumpkin Patch paycheck.
 


 On the bright side, I'm going to the quilt shop today.  After spending four hours cutting out my latest quilt, I discovered the last piece of fabric is not big enough.  I scrounged for an hour trying to come up with something suitable, but struck out. 

It will be a nice diversion from skunkville.

Oh ... I almost forgot to mention ... it's 30 degrees this morning and I can't get the door open to my motorhome so I can turn on the heat to keep the pipes from freezing.  Lazy Days said they fixed it, but alas, the door is unlocked and will  NOT open.  Just another frustration to add to the pile.

 

12 comments:

  1. Skunks never take barriers seriously and simply find a way around them. Put up a Ten Foot Fence and they'll simply walk up the driveway. Besides how could you get upset with that cute little face. Our apartment building has one out by the parking lot.
    There is definitely a Phantom Draw that is draining your Battery in the Truck or else it's faulty Batteries.
    Hopefully you've drained your water system or you'll be fixing leaky plumbing.
    Be Safe and Enjoy looking for your fabric.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right on both counts. Every day it's a new skunk story!

      Delete
  2. You and that skunk! What a little devil! Funny you should mention Christmas decorations. Saturday I got out and put on all 3 of the Christmas bedspreads on our beds in the house. Ken's all, It's too early! I told him NO it's not..I want to enjoy the Christmas season. I'm reading a lot of people are starting with little decorations now...see we're not crazy!! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always wait until after Thanksgiving, but never get to enjoy them much. This year I'm doing TWO months for Christmas!

      Delete
  3. I know the skunk situation isn't funny but Rick's comment made me laugh out loud. Such cheeky little critters. We have problems with our door also. Hope you got it too open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's weird with the door. I'm at a complete loss on that one.

      Delete
  4. Check your insurance rider and see if you have a lock out call a locksmith will pick open that up in short order RV doors are simple
    If you disconnect the battery on your truck charge your battery that way will tell you if your battery is any good also to test if you have a ghost with The key not in the ignition disconnect the battery that’s charged and touch the positive terminal with the cable if you see a slight spark that your ghost then you’ve got to figure out where it is could be a trunk light glove box Under the hood lightand a number of little trick things. If you have a roadside service you can get them to come out and jump your vehicle to You may even get the service guy to check
    For a ghost

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've no doubt there is a ghost in my truck! Hahaha I guess I will hone up on my disconnect the battery skills.

      Delete
  5. That 12 Gauge is sounding better and better each day to me. As for moving, you know Nancy, you can't take the house with you (or any of your stuff) when you die. Better to move now when you can enjoy the lower taxes, the lower taxes and the lower taxes. Talk to you farmer friends, I'll bet they would let you park your motorhome there on site during Pumpkin Season, and perhaps other times you want to visit too. I enjoy visiting Sacramento, and I enjoy leaving after our visit too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you Dave and I know you are right!! The owner already said he would hook me up with 50 amp. I think I'll take him up on that.

      Delete
  6. It has to be so frustrating, I don't blame you for feeling at wit's end. :(
    Sad to hear about thoughts of selling but do you really need two homes? Easy for me to say when you love both but no, it isn't. Like Dave said it is just 'stuff' and perhaps a burden now. Take the $$ and run, life is too short. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only bad part about moving is moving. LOL And the clean up to get it sold. Ugh!!

      Delete