Thursday, May 30, 2019

Flowers One And Two

Much better than any flower could possibly be, THIS was my birthday cupcake.  I celebrated a little late since the first trip to the store resulted in nothing sweet.  What the heck you might ask?  Yessiree, I had a list and I stuck to it.  A first in the history of grocery shopping.  I had every intention of picking up a big piece of cake, but completely forgot.  Not having sugar has done something to my brain.

Definitely not a show stopper, it was from Walmart of all places.  It was cheap (a good thing) and it had four in a package.  I cannot tell you how much I savored and enjoyed all three.  At least I shared ONE with Cindy.
I spent most of the day cutting out another quilt.  That was a bad idea, since the lack of sugar seems to have dulled my brain in more areas than one.  I made a bad cut, messing up the entire pattern, forcing a treasure hunt for one more piece of pink fabric.  

After the second big mistake, I hung up the blade and went outside to clear my head and play the ball game with Cooper.  That's when I noticed my flowers are blooming.  I only have about five things that show off their finery in the Spring.  Here is flower #1.  
This is flower #2.  As you know, I can never remember the names.  I'm lucky I can remember ocotillo.  Flowers seem to escape me, no matter how many times I'm told.  I'm hoping that's not because of a bad memory, but because flowers were never important in the world of horses and cattle.
I'm so proud to show you the lovely green lawn of my back yard.  I would like to give all the credit to the new yard keepers, but actually Mother Nature has done a good job of programming the sprinklers.  Rain has done it's job.  This Saturday however, it's going to be in the 90's, whereupon the lovely brown spots will reappear.  Unlike Mother Nature, I'm NOT running my sprinklers 8 hours a day just to keep it pretty.  PG&E would love that, but I'm not going there.
They say you need potassium on this diet, so another trip to the store is in store for today.  I've been feeling rather tired and with the food booth starting up on Sunday, I need more energy.  I also need to pick up some raspberry jello.  

Here's my second attempt at the dessert which escaped the bowl last week.  THIS time I blended the cream cheese with the cream BEFORE mixing it with the jello.  I also didn't let the jello set up quite as much.  It came out SO much better, except for the taste.  It's nothing like raspberry.  In fact, it's nothing like I've ever tasted before!!
Part of today will be spent doing my interpretation of a Golden Spike President, trying to make a Google Group and adding 60 email addresses.  It's going to be trial and error since I've never done that before.  I'm hoping at the end of the day I'll still have all my hair intact and I won't have yelled at the dogs or slammed any doors.  Wish me luck!!




10 comments:

  1. What a lovely looking birthday cupcake! :)
    First flower, not sure but the second one is geranium and it is beautiful.
    As for the Jello, sorry if I didn't mention to blend the cream cheese and heavy cream first. That is the only way I do it. Glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why can't i remember geranium? Honestly, since I've now made the jello twice, I like the first round better than the second!! It really hits my sweet tooth!

      Delete
  2. Nice birthday cupcakes and you did get a sugar fix there. The lawn and flowers look wonderful good luck with the emails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That jello is green. Maybe that's why it doesn't taste like raspberry? It's a nice green, sort of sea foam. Sorry about the bad cut on the quilt, it's so aggravating when that happens. The grass looks good. Sometimes I miss grass, but not the mowing, feeding, weed killing, and etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are right Allison! It was a box of lime ... not a very tasty box of lime either. The raspberry is MUCH better!!! When I'm in Arizona, I don't miss grass at all. It's a pain in the butt!!!

      Delete
  4. I think the first flower is one variety from the Hydrangea family. The cupcake looked yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Create a distribution list in email to make distribution of emails to Golden Spike members easier. First, make sure the members email address is in your contact file. Secondly, use HELP if you need to create the distribution list. If the member does not have an email address, either word of mouth or a personal phone call to those people. Label the distribution list such as Golden Spike or whatever you want knowing that name is for your emails to the chapter. Good luck. Lynn Cross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lynn!! None are in my contact file yet. That will be today's "work".

      Delete