Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Finally, A Day Of Rest ... Sort Of

As I noted yesterday, here I am parked at this gorgeous KOA campground.  In spite of all the rain yesterday, my satellite is working perfectly.  Yay for small favors!!

I accomplished everything I set out to do, mostly cooking for the dogs.  They were so happy I didn't burn anything.
What I SHOULD have burned was this.  Cauliflower crust is the newest dietary craze in pizza, like ANY pizza is good for you.  It was terrible in spite of the chicken and extra cheese I doused it with.
A quick trip back to Ely to the White Pine Museum.  It's chock full of local artifacts including several buildings.
This is an actual residence used by a family for many years before being moved to this location.
I could probably live here.  At least there wouldn't be scorpions to worry about.  If you're wondering about the droopy ceiling, timbers were covered with tree branches and all sorts of flotsam.  When that stuff dried, it reined down upon whoever was living underneath it.  The muslin keeps it contained until you take it down and shake it out.
They had a very small one room schoolhouse, barely 30 feet square.  Don't you just love the Future Homemakers sign??  Back then, it was your only option if you were female.
They had several birds, but this one was one of the best examples of a Golden Eagle I've ever seen.
I quickly moved on to the depot.  Interestingly enough, whoever was in charge of the depot, also LIVED in the depot.  It had a very nice living room, bedroom and kitchen, much larger than the cabin.  This was like the Waldorf Astoria.
Except for this can.  I doubt the Waldorf ever served up beef brains ... SELECTED beef brains to be exact!!  Even though we lived on a cattle ranch all our lives, we NEVER ate brains!!  YUCK!!
So now we're back to Brigham City where I took a nice drive looking for a quilt store.  GPS doesn't work so great around here.  Two out of three times it has gotten me lost.  On this particular foray, it was worth it.  This is a tiny town with a Tabernacle on every corner.
These are amazing to see.  I bet they are just as fabulous on the inside.  
At long last, after a couple of jogs, I was able to locate the fabric store inside a building with three of four doors locked.  I'm tenacious when it comes to fabric.  I think I made a new friend.  She and her husband just bought a place in Marana, about an hour from my Arizona home.
This will be my last day of rest as the other 35 coaches come in today.  There will be a museum tour, a train ride and then it's on to the festivities at Promontory.  I'm gearing up my patience, something I think is going to be put to good use on Friday.  In the meantime, I heard there's a candy store around here.





11 comments:

  1. Glad you had a relaxing day.
    From what I've read most prefer to make their own Crusts,
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A couple of my friends tried to make the crust, but said it was WAY too labor intensive!

      Delete
  2. I have seen the pizza in the stores down there but never tried it. Have made my own Cauliflower crust pizza a few times and we enjoyed it. With lots of toppings was quite tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this one just had too many weird spices. The crust was actually green in color!

      Delete
  3. If you've ever had scrapple,,,, guess what 🙀

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried meatza yet? Pizza with a crust made from ground meat. If you do, please set a timer so you don't burn the meatza. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now THAT sounds like a good idea!!! I'm pretty sure I'm getting a timer for my birthday!!!

      Delete
  5. Just wanted you to know that we made it to Sacramento area, but I got beat up real bad in this little town called Atwater....ever hear of it? I think I have two black eyes, a broken collar bone, and 5 lost teeth...all from CRAPPY ROADS along US99! WOW, they were REAL BAD, just like you said. Can't wait to write my next blog...but I am so beat up that might be a day a few days from now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it terrible? The only section of Hwy 99 that has not been repaired. I just stay in the left hand lane all the way through!!! Take an advil ... in fact, take several!!!!!

      Delete
  6. That is a relaxing day? ha ha. It looks enjoyable though!
    Love the Tabernacles! they are beautiful. and i could live in a little log cabin like that too!
    Good luck with your upcoming busy days.

    ReplyDelete