Monday, February 23, 2015

The Answer .. Yes and No!!

It's never easy, right???  First off, I received an invitation to a retirement party and volunteered to make a big potatoe salad. That done, I tried to wait patiently for the call from Apple, but being the IMpatient person I am, I only lasted an hour before braving the phone system.

I suppose most people just say fix it!!  I'm different in that I want to know why it's not working, what exactly are you doing to fix it and how long will it take. That didn't bode well with the first person I spoke to because they couldn't answer the questions. Funny I "accidently" got cut off. Second attempt at the phone system -- I've got it down now -- I asked for the Tech working on my machine, who was of course at lunch. She promised someone would call me at 1:30.

By 2:00 I was zipping through their phone system, and explained to the girl if no one called me back about this, they were going to be dealing with a crazy lady in their store, which was sure to disrupt EVERYONE!!!  The Tech got on the line, explained everything in detail, as well as stating that it was working quite well up to this point. They just needed 8-9 hours to upload my data since there's so much. The max is 750 gigabytes. I've filled up 696. Sounds like it's time for me to clear out some memory!!!

The saga continues .... I'm going this morning to pick it up.

In the meantime, I discovered the SECOND retirement party invitation says it's on the 28th. I never checked the dates after I got the first one, I just thought they sent out more invites. Potatoe salad anyone??  I doubt I can eat this 1-1/2 gallons by myself!!!

7 comments:

  1. I can't believe companies can't have any real customer service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did get better Jan .. I know them by name now!!

      Delete
    2. Jan ... so glad to hear your foot is healing and you can "almost" stand on it!! Keep up the good work!!

      Delete
  2. I think it says something about Apple when you go into their store and you have a line of people waiting for customer service.
    I once worked with a gentleman like you he was into photography as a hobby. He used an external hard drive to store his photographs on. Good for backup as well.
    Good luck,
    Jim M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This particular store did have some people waiting, but most were buying I-Phones or I-Pads ... or just playing with the computers. I do have an external drive, just haven't used it often enough. I will NOW!!

      Delete
  3. Not backing up is only a problem once, and then it is too late. I was going to mention external hard drive but Jim M. got there first. Many years ago when I was taking an advanced course in Lotus 123 the instructor had three quarters. Every 15 minutes he would drop them on the desk. If they all came out heads or tails we had to shut off the computer without saving our work. Something about that being the odds of a power outage or computer failure. That was before UPS devices. That sure helped me understand the need for saving and backup. Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit ... I don't back up enough!! Luckily all my info was saved, although it's totally in different order than ever before. It will take me awhile to get it straightened out, then I will back up for SURE!!

      Delete