Saturday, March 19, 2016

BID FAST!! BID HIGH!!!!

Yup .... I'm back in SUNNY California!!  It looks pretty cold, but it's not.  Lows have been in the 50's ever since I got home, but for whatever reason, there's been fog around 7:00 am every day.
Much as I wanted to sleep in yesterday, that never happens.  Being the old lady she is, Jessie gets up quite early and goes out the doggie door, which causes Cooper to jump up and down on my stomach.  

Kind of a boring day ....  but I did get motivated enough to touch up all the scrapes on the walls in my house, but discovered all my little paint jars weren't any good.  Lucky for me, most of them are named and numbered, so I'll hit up Kelly Moore Paint for some replacements.  

It was then that I made a MAJOR discovery!  All of the doors in my house were very badly scratched by the previous owners dogs, with a few more marks from mine.  I've tried lots of stuff, but nothing seemed to remove the scratches.  Lo and behold, I found a can of the original stain/finish used on everything.  After shaking it until my teeth rattled, I rubbed some on a bad spot and it disappeared.  EUREKA!!!  I couldn't believe my good luck!!  Of course it's pretty old, so I really need a new can, but all those bad scratches are going to disappear!!!  I'm so excited!!!

By then it was time to head off to the LOVE Inc. dinner-auction.  Close to 400 people showed up, not to mention all the volunteers.  Dinner of caesar salad, rice pilaf, green beans, baked chicken and roast beef was served in record time, with six lines.  
First up was the dessert auction.  Ann Kelly and I scouted out the best cake we could find ... this beautiful 3-tiered carrot cake!!  The Bingo Guys stood at the table to make sure they overbid everyone else, and ..... VOILA ... dessert!!  Not really worth the $100 we paid for it, but it was delicious and the money is going for a good cause.  
With all THAT going on, there was a silent auction happening all along the outside walls with over 200 items.  Bid fast and bid high if you want something!!  This 24" metal sculpture looks just like my Showby horse, so he garnered my attention.  The other four items I bid on and was winning, thankfully went to someone else who wanted them more than I.  The horse came to live at my house.
If I can get my act together today, I'll head off for some paint, some material and some groceries ... oh and a new shower head to replace mine that is leaking more water out the connection than the shower head!!  Installing THAT should be a fun trick!!



2 comments:

  1. It sounds that whoever installed the showerhead the last time probably crossthreaded the connection thus causing the severe leak. Apply Teflon Tape on the spick coming from the wall then avoid crossthreading the head on and it should be leakproof.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh .... that would probably be me! LOL I removed it to clean out the grit I get in all my faucets (normal around this area). I'll check that out for sure!!! Thank you!!!

      Delete