Friday, October 4, 2024

I Survived!!!!

 I feel like I got run over by a herd of elephants, or at least wild horses!  Early mornings and late nights just don't add up for me, so this is going to be a short one.

I arrived at the Lodge in time to check emails and the mail.  There were three more membership requests to process.  It just amazes me how many people we are bringing into the lodge every single month.  That was followed by requests for tickets to our next big Octoberfest dinner ... 20 at a time.  

Time passed by in a flash as I headed to the library with a huge box of stuff for the meeting.  One by five or ten, new candidates came in to get their name badges and dinner tickets for tonights initiation.  All went well until TWO showed up who were NOT on the list.  Panic set in as I rushed to find their applications.

I don't know the protocol for this, but what the heck, I signed them up.  


As for the actual meeting, it went fairly well, except I missed the first cue to announce the number of candidates.  Oops ....... from there on it went pretty well.  I dimmed the lights, rang the bell and read the minutes like a pro.  Pretty sure I left some stuff out, but oh well ... it made the meeting shorter, which is the goal of every one of us.

Here we are ... 32 new members and I think six officers, with at least that many more waiting in the wings for the NEXT initiation.

Way too early for me this morning, I'm off to another small town RV repair/sales shop to have them look at my propane tank for leaks.  The ridiculous place I bought it from gave me an estimate of 5-7 weeks to look at it and MAYBE get it fixed.  This place said maybe a week.  I'll let you know how it goes, and hopefully it's good news.

After that, I'm headed BACK to the lodge to do something with all the checks I collected last night.  What I don't know, but I'm sure I must have to do SOMETHING!!  Lucky for me, I get to spend the weekend sleeping!!  Mr. Cooper will love that!!





7 comments:

  1. That is a lot of members! Maybe you can recruit some new victims, I mean volunteers to help you on bingo night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jim! Hopefully they are not just in name members and actually want to help out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cooper will be a happy guy with his Mom home this
    weekend.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you get to stay home this weekend.
    Happy Friday!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess the Elks are like a lot of other organizations, once they find out you can do most anything that they need done, you are the first one they go to when something needs doing rather than doing it themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know how clubs are...30+ new members means 1-2 "might" be future "doers" (show up and help in the kitchen, or with bingo, etc) and not just "followers" (show up to dinners to eat and fellowship) or "SLUGS" (never see them again except on special occasions) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well it looks like the Elks is the place to be. Hopefully they will all be willing to help. Enjoy your weekend 😘 😊.

    ReplyDelete