Monday, October 14, 2024

I FINALLY GOT IT!!!!

 A good Monday morning to ye!  It's a lovely 63 degrees here in Central California, heading on down to the high 40's very soon.  We are soaking up the COOL as we are STILL trying to figure out how to quell the noise.  Obviously it doesn't bother Mr. Cooper at all.  He sleeps like a rock anywhere, any time!!


Here's the test for THIS night.  Leave the rig plugged in and the breaker (on my main house panel) ON.  Then turn both the charger AND the inverter off from the panel.  That should do it with minimal time and effort.  Notice I said SHOULD do it!!


In the meantime, since it was Funday Sunday, as well as baseball playoffs AND football ... I celebrated with a few more Oreos dunked in my morning coffee.


Then you're not going to believe it ... I actually VACUUMED the house.  Jeeves, or James, or whatever his name is hasn't been doing that great of a job.  

A couple more cookies and I was off to attempt more quilting.  How long has it been?  Three weeks I've been working on this one?  Gee ... only six more borders and it will be done ... probably sometime next month!!  As you can see, getting the triangles to work was tricky.  Enough for this day.


As you may remember, I was a Giants Baseball season ticket holder for about 10 years.  I loved baseball, only made better by getting to know the players.  They had a good coach in Boche back then, and won all those World Series Championships while I was there.  

Sadly, it is not the same.  Though I still love the game, I discovered about the second year that most of those players moved on or retired.  It made the games not as much fun.  Now, I couldn't even tell you who the coaches or pitchers are.  

So on to some football instead.  I can take it or leave it really, but it does provide a little entertainment in between trying to figure out the RV electrical systems.  As a distraction, I made some more salsa.  

It's not just for chips you know.  Having come from a German-Scottish background, which has nothing to do with anything, we learned it was really good on BEEF.  We used to have it quite often on the ranch, especially when we deep-pit cooked a chunk of cow for our branding helpers.  They raved about the "sauce"!!  We never told them it was from our Mexican ranch hand's recipe.


With baseball and football over, and Cooper sound asleep on the couch, I again went to prepare the rig for another night of frustration.

This time I left the breaker for my electrical hookup ON.  I went inside and hit the CHARGER button to turn it off.  Oh yeah ..... quiet.  For all of two minutes until the inverter came on.  It's almost as loud as when it's charging and no matter how many times I hit the button, it would NOT turn off.  

I went to the back of the rig and turned off the MAIN INVERTER switch.  Ahhhhh quiet once again.  

By crackey ... I FINALLY GOT IT!!  Just turn off the Charger and the Inverter switch.  That is the magic combination for a nice night's sleep!!  How simple is that?  And why didn't anyone at PleasureWay tell me!  I'll be passing this info on to all those on the internet that have the same problem with the same year van.

Of course I don't know if the heater is going to work in the meantime should I need it, so this morning I'll turn it on and see if it runs.  As far as boondocking, it should be the same two switches.  With the only draw during the night being the compressor fridge, which is pretty minimal, I should be fine.


I've written all this down and will tape it to the wall.  Eventually it will become habit I'm sure.  As for THIS night, I slept like a log.  I'm now very much looking forward to my oceanside trip next week.





7 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt and I knew you would figure it out.
    Have a good week !
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t suppose you would share your salsa recipe ….inquiring minds cant make good salsa. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salsa looks awesome.
    So glad you are getting your rig figured out I knew you could do it.
    Happy Monday!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Ed said use only one switch the inverter switch on the back side of the bed. 🤓

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, this will be from memory.... The Alou Brothers (Matty, Felipe, Jesus), Willie Mays, Willie McCovy, Juan Marichal, Gaylord Perry, Jim Ray Hart, Hal Lanier, Warren Spahn, Bobby Bonds...others will come to me... Those were the days, even though they did not win a World Series, it was still BYE BYE BABY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "And it's out of here"!!! I loved that shout out. I was a big fan during the Buster Posey days. And then lost interest again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This gal knew you would figure it out! I have faith in you, Nancy!
    Cooper knows it too and just sleeps through it all. ♥

    ReplyDelete