Monday, August 27, 2018

Full Moon Madness

It was a full moon last night.  Know how I can tell?  The puppies got me up at 11:00, 1:36, 2:44 and 3:32.  Both my kids are sick again.  Honestly, I don't know what's going on, but Cooper has been throwing up right alongside Jessie.  Same food as always and I constantly watch them outside, so I don't know what's up.  Two rolls of paper towels later, I'm exhausted.
The second indication was when I tried to eat this beef stew for lunch.  These things are awful, but keep my portion size under control.  I was spared this time however.  I removed the metal lid and replaced it with the plastic one.  

50% power for one minute it said.  As I walked away I heard a huge BANG!!!  Heavens to Betsy!!  What happened??  Figuring my microwave just blew up, I ducked down and reached for the door.  

The entire inside was covered with beef stew, having exploded with epic consequences.  Hmmm, it looked just like Cooper getting ......... oh well.  Saved by the microwave.  After spending an hour cleaning up the mess, I opted for taquitos.
Between taking the puppies outside and cleaning up all the messes inside, I finished this quilt top.  It's so big, I think it will become next year's donation to the Foster Kids for College program.  The local guild, which I'm not a member of, donates quilts to the kids just entering college on their own.  This one will be perfect.
On one of my forays outside with the puppies, I almost stepped on this dude.  It seems in one day my  hummingbird feeder found itself empty.  As I was going down the steps, I was looking up at bats flying around like crazy.  Do you think they could be sipping the nectar??  That was four cups in one day.

Thank goodness I looked down or I would have stepped BAREFOOT on this guy.  YIKES!!!  Only about an inch long, I've no idea if he bites or not.  Good thing there was a full moon and I could see him!!
Although I've had plans, I've been sticking close to home with the sick puppies.  That means lots of television and sewing.  I'm getting cabin fever like never before, which doesn't bode well for my checkbook.  

Today I'll contact my Vet and try to get a prescription for some dog food that won't upset their tummies.  Cooper is to the point he won't even eat the canned food.

There were a few spits here and there, but mostly just big puffy clouds passed overhead.  That always makes for amazing sunsets!!  Believe it or not, the nights are down to a lovely 65 degrees.
Hopefully the full moon passes by with no more ill effects.  This morning the sewing group meets again with Chef Patty providing lunch.  I'll be running back and forth to check on the puppies.  Patty says this too shall pass ... I just hope it passes as quickly as the full moon!!




12 comments:

  1. Lots of Name Brand Companies are now having their food products made off-shore where regulations are different then ours. If it's not made here we leave it on the shelf.
    You should at least wear Flip-Flops when outside at night.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right about the foods. I never thought to check origin, but I will now!!

      Delete
  2. For Skruffy's diabetes, we have both dogs on Hill's WD dry food, mixed with WD/ID canned chicken-veg. Now Bubba's mix is about 4 parts dry to 1 part wet...Skruffy's is 1/2 and 1/2. Twice a day, 12 hours apart. Expensive, but it works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably be joining you in the Hills aisle soon!!

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the puppies and hope they get better soon after the full moon

    ReplyDelete
  4. think this might be your bug.... http://tolweb.org/treehouses/?treehouse_id=4421#Coleoptera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY!! That was a scary page to visit!! So many bugs!!! Thank you for the info ... at least so far he has only been a night visitor OUTSIDE!!

      Delete
  5. Do you have geckos inside or outside your house my dog has learned that if he eats a gecko he gets the ,,,,, well
    Do your dogs eat any tall blades of grass that's there way of settling their stomach
    Hamburger and rice for the puppies it won't upset their stomach
    No matter how finicky they get,, when there hungry they'll eat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No geckos that I've seen and I'm very careful not to let them eat anything but grass ... and yes, they do eat grass sometimes. So far that has been my problem ... Cooper is finicky. I'll try the hamburger and rice.

      Delete
  6. Hope the babies are soon better. Our friends that we visited in Leamington had soft food that we gave Clemson and it was a 'tummy settling' dog food. Don't know what it was called though.
    You're outside in barefeet???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I'm looking for. Dog food he will eat that doesn't bother his stomach!! I actually keep a pair of flip flops by the door now. Just in case!! LOL

      Delete