Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Homeless and Hungry .....

I'm late ... I'm late!!  Here's a shocker ... I actually slept until 5:30 this morning.  That is very unusual for me.  I'm guessing it's because I can barely feel my back at all now, unless I do some crazy like try to look over my shoulder.  Oh I still know it's there, but EEEHAWWW it's gettin better a little faster now.

It probably has something to do with keeping the blood flow going from trying to sell a house from afar.  There's nothing like hearing the ding of emails coming through that you can't open because they are such big files.  Especially when it comes to my terrible Verizon internet.  

It reminds me of this picture every time.  I found it buried in a closet yesterday.  I think it might be more relaxing to be homeless than to try and SELL a house.  Especially a manufactured house.  The buyers inspection report even noted the signs of rat poop by the patio.  I kid you not.  

I've related the story behind this picture before, but for those new readers ... the local College Photography Instructor became a good friend.  He asked for "models" so he could shoot a homeless person.  Not ONE of his usual girls volunteered.  I laughed because I knew they just didn't want to be seen looking like this.

I said okay ... laid in the dirt at this abandoned building ... and was pretty surprised when the Po-Po showed up.  Yessirree ... someone called the police to say some guy was taking pictures and bothering an obviously drunk homeless lady.  We got a big laugh out of it, but the officer wasn't amused.  He made us leave.  The photographer framed the picture and presented it to me in class.  What fun!!


Anyhoo ... back to "bad back" life.  Cooper was pretty mad, sulking on the couch because I wouldn't let him outside to smell the smells.  This is a job for the Skunk Hunter.  It was time to see if I could find any evidence of an interloper.


Oh yeah ... right off the bat I found this hole under the fence.  It could be a kitty, though they usually go OVER the fence, or maybe even a fox, but I'm betting on a black and white kitty.  I plugged it up before continuing around the back forty.


Since I haven't heard any grunts or calls from next door for awhile, I decided to climb up on the fence and see what I could see.  Yup ... this is THE neighbor.  They raised goats for 4-H projects for the 14 years I've been here.  That's not allowed, but they did it anyway.  How could I complain ... it's farm animals for kids.  Goats make very little noise, though they did head butt themselves through the fence now and again.

It was a goat ghost town.  One ready to go up in flames and burn the neighborhood down.  No goats, just lots of tall dry grass.  That's weird.  Oh well .. none of my business.


Thankfully there were no new stinky black and white friends for Cooper to play with, and no more holes to be found.  Back inside, after taking yet another load of stuff from the RV, I remembered this picture.  This is one of the pack trips we took into Sequoia National Park. I'm the small one in the middle.  That's my dad just to the right in the picture.  If we weren't riding for work, we were riding for pleasure.  


Exciting day, no???  I spent the next four hours on the computer going over house paperwork.  I received some weird emails from an unknown person, so I called to confirm who it was.  The 44 page files were so big, I had to open it on my phone, save it, then send it back to myself in order to open it on my computer.  

In the end, the buyers home inspection report recommends replacing all of the galvanized water pipes.  Are you kidding me?  It was originally installed and inspected, so it's good as far as I'm concerned.  There's no way I'm paying for a plumber to go under the house and replace all the water lines.  That would cost a fortune!!  

Then, just for more fun and aggravation, I tried to get my Arizona Walmart prescription refilled at a California Walmart.  Just when I thought I was in like Flynn, the doctor's office called the renewal into the Arizona store.  WAIT ... it took four more phone calls to get it right.  

Internet technology is great ... until it isn't.  

Discouraged and hungry, I actually waited an entire 50 minutes to cook this beautiful chicken pot pie in the oven.  Did you miss it?  It was National Chicken Pot Pie Day ... I think two days ago.  Yesterday was National Eat Roadkill Day.  I passed on that one.  I ate all my frustrations away and it was YUMMY!!


You know what today is .... BINGO!!!  Only THIS time I'm going to highjack someone to run the infernal machine so I can just sit back and relax.  Wish me luck!!!


12 comments:

  1. Glad your back is doing better. Have a good day!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Frances. I'm happy not to be in so much pain any more!

      Delete
  2. You made a convincing "homeless" drunk! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home Inspector recommended replacing all galvanized water piping which is EXPENSIVE! To placate the homebuyers you could offer to purchase a one year Home Owners Insurance policy for a few hundred dollars in case of pipe failures? I did a similar procedure on my last home sale and the buyer accepted the offer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We think alike. I already offered that to them and they turned it down. That's weird, to say the least!

      Delete
  4. I had never heard that story about that homeless photograph before. You were very convincing!
    Hopefully everything progresses with your closing, and you are able to navigate these obstacles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obstacles would be a correct diagnosis of the situation!

      Delete
  5. Oh good, another 'picture' to hang up on my fridge...Nancy the Beauty Queen and Nancy the Homeless Bum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous hit it right Homeowners policy best for CYA
    Mr. Ed said. Galvanized pipes are not the best option in a home. overtime. They can deteriorate . if you notice in your comment the inspector stated. The word … recommend… Instead of the word needs to be replaced… how do you get around that… water sample? … (Your local city water company )
    Over a long time years Galvanized pipes deteriorate under hard water conditions It’s the galvanized Zinc Coating of that pipe that causes issues so my suggestion to you is have your real estate agent go in there, run the water for three minutes and then take a water sample and have it Hand-delivered for analysis Also, if you go into Home Depot or Lowe’s, they have test kits they basically used to give them away for free. I still believe they do that . An that’s something that Your agent can do. As well on your behalf.
    Main line piping for the last 25 years from the main water line to the house are usually Polly plastic To the meter on the other side of the meter could be PVC in some cases galvanized, which is rare.
    How would you know if you have plastic or galvanized pipe look at the fittings underneath the sink an in the bathroom it’ll come out. Metal pipe it’s galvanized. If it’s plastic you’ll see PVC go look at the water heater as it comes out the wall Again, metal pipe galvanized, plastic PVC
    Again, the cheapest route to go is a water sample taken to the county. They’ll test it right there for you. You’ll know within an hour.
    It appears your agent is not doing the job you entrusted them remember they work for you not the buyer.
    Also, You have every right to hire a home inspector yourself, but do not show the new home inspector any prior inspection paperwork. Plus. That inspection can be part of your selling folder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my realtor just wants it to sell, no matter what it costs me, so the fees are paid. I'm a little disappointed because I'm not used to that. My realtor in California always fought tooth and nail for me.

      Delete