Sunday, September 17, 2023

Costovertebral What??

Here I sit at 4:30 in the morning returning messages on my phone.  BAD Nancy.  I forget that not everyone gets up at 4:00 in the morning.  It's been a very long week, which seems to be disappearing into another very long week.  

The bad news is I woke up at 3:00 with my back crying crocodile tears.  I might as well get up and wander the house like a ghost from Christmas Past.  Cooper was not very appreciative.  I got my coffee and sat down in my typing chair and did one of my favorite easy stretches.  POP.  Woohoo!!  I'm still very sore, but most everything seems to be in place for the time being.  But before we go there, here's another foxy, only because I'm running out of pictures!! 


I had a nice talk with the Doc yesterday morning.  Here's everything you NEVER wanted to know about your back.  See all those tree roots?  Those are costovertebral ligaments that hold your ribs in place.  Apparently I tore a bunch of those loose when I lifted that box.  That caused almost every vertebrae to move out of position and the rib to twist.  Who knew?  It sure didn't hurt when I lifted the box!!

It's pretty bad when the Doc says "I've never seen anything this bad before".  Gee thanks!  As long as that rib stays loose and twisted, I'll be in a lot of pain.  Starting from the bottom up, she got everything back in place for the most part, but the twisted rib is being stubborn ... thus the tape.  

The bad news is it's going to take some time for that to heal up.  I'm one of those get-er-done people who doesn't have time to wait, not to mention that you can't sleep.  I took Advil, which works really well, but wears off after a few short hours.  So ... there won't be much sleep for Nancy for awhile.  

I'm sure it was all due to the cleaning and mopping I did getting ready to set up the longarm.  Note to Nancy ... cleaning isn't good for you.  Do as little as possible!!

I really am trying to be good, but in stinky frustration, took the garbage out to the bin this morning.  What an accomplishment!  

Late yesterday, while watching the Pendleton Rodeo Finals where my guy Stetson Wright rode a bull like no one can and WON .... I got a text message.  It was a picture with "buyer" at the bottom.  Hmmmm, does that mean I have an offer?

Yes ... yes it does.  Too bad it's a low ball offer ... and an FHA one to boot. FHA has lots of crazy rules, like the metal tag on each side of the house must be visible.  The previous owners built an attached garage to the house and covered it up.  That's a problem.  


There is also supposed to be a piece of paper with a map on it, glued to the wall over the washer and dryer.  That is the guarantee that it was built for this part of the country.  There is no paper.  

By the way, inflation is rampant.  You're not going to believe this ... his interest rate on that loan is 7.25%.   I guess it's been that high before, but WOW!!!

The good news is there has been a lot of "action", and hopefully there will be an all cash offer coming in this weekend from an elderly gentleman.  Boy do I hope it comes in soon.  I'll take that in a flash and not have to spend hours trying to satisfy FHA for the other guy's loan.  I hate house selling.  

And so I wait ... on my sore back, on my longarm, on the house sale.  Waiting and sitting is not in my wheelhouse.  Maybe I do need a little Pendleton to keep me on the couch, as Jim suggested.  That's whiskey by the way ... Pendleton Whiskey!!






16 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry your back is still hurting.
    I think Jim's right on the Pendleton. Lol
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I'm sorry that you are teaching me a lot about ribs and muscles....at your painful expense. Foxy was really feisty. All cash? That would be awesome. Prayers to St. Joseph will be said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Elva ... I'm praying for the cash offer too!

      Delete
  3. You are so right trying to heal from an injury takes so much time. I hope you sell your Az. home soon one less stress to think about. Hummm ...maybe a small snort of whiskey to sip might help.
    Hope each day gets easier for you Nancy ! Feel better .
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sue. It's a much slower process than I expected .. both my back AND the sale.

      Delete
  4. I look on Zillow every day just see if the "For Sale" has turned into "Pending", awaiting the "Sold" sign. Hoping that happens very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping all your problems get resolved soon, especially the painful ones.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Rick ... It's certainly no fun being in pain, as you well know.

      Delete
  6. Hopefully you do get that cash offer, makes things go so much quickly and smoothly! Hoping each day the pain is better than the last!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cash offer? That would be awesome. Get one pain out of your life at least. As for your back, I'm sore just reading it. :( I almost feel guilty for moving around so easily right now. Sorry. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm feeling guilty because I've always been able to do anything. Now I know what it's like for people with back pain! NOT fun!

      Delete
  8. Nancy get some help! There are great shots and
    meds that are for everyday use so you can still
    function to a better degree,
    A Orthopedic Dr or a sports injury doc.
    Think about it.
    Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm beginning to think you are right. Not sure we have one of those around here. My orthopedic doctor retired! I guess that's what happens when you get old. LOL

      Delete