Sunday, September 3, 2023

A Day Of Rest

Who am I kidding ... the words "day of rest" are not in my vocabulary, but I will TRY not to run around the house quite as fast as I normally do.  The problem is I can't stand the mess ... stuff stacked all over the house ... mostly because I keep running into things and stubbing my toes!!

Wasn't I happy however, when I checked the game camera.  My Foxy friends are still hanging around.  I was so sure they would be gone for good.  I don't see Mom with the bad tail, but here's one of her kids.  They are probably the reason I don't have gophers!! 


I really did try to hang out on the couch with Cooper, who was obviously giving me the cold shoulder.  His itching and scratching has diminished quite a bit, which tells me absolutely nothing.  I still don't know what the problem is.  I'm guessing either arthritis or his treats, but without them, there's lots of barking going on, followed by cold shoulders.


Every couple of hours I would head out to the rig and haul in another load.  The good news is the weather is cooperating quite nicely.  It was overcast all day long and in the 70-80 range.  I set up my cutting table in the sewing room ... see what I mean by CLUTTER??  OMG it makes me crazy, but this is probably the last room that will get reorganized.


I carried box after box of stuff from the rig, mostly everything labeled QUILT, meaning it has to do with the longarm.  I'm actually feeling like I could set that thing up myself, but the big dining table has to go first.  My plan to put it in the unused living room was waylaid by antique furniture.


The rig bedroom didn't fare any better.  Yup ... this nice mess is still residing on the bed.  


If there's something that really hits my crazy switch, it's this garage.  Yessirree ... we stuffed all that furniture and all those boxes in one side of the garage.  See the box springs from the bed?  That and the mattress were outside early in the morning.  It was very overcast and I was afraid of rain, so I manhandled it inside.  

If you've ever had to move an entire retriever of hay and stack it in the barn, you know exactly how this is done.  You use your legs and knees more than anything.  Much of this stuff will stay here, you know, in case I find another SMALL house in Tucson .... maybe a TINY house ... who knows.  


Here's another reason there is no rest.  This faucet is leaking out the bottom.  I'm shaking my head.  It truly is never ending.  Today I'll head on out to Home Depot and see if I can find a replacement cartridge.  I already watched the YouTube video.  

Which reminds me ... for those of you who are still in Vail and Tucson.  Remember they came and replaced my water meter, saying it wasn't reading anything?  My water bill has been around $45 a month in the summer since I bought the house 7 years ago.  I just got the NEW bill from the NEW water meter, and my bill is now $88.  Remember the sprinklers were even turned off for the entire month?  And I didn't use any more water than normal, soooooooo!!


Cooper and I spent the evening watching RODEO ... an extreme bulls competition.  I don't know what they are feeding those guys, but those bulls buck higher and harder than anything that ever graced our ranch.  We did have our fair share of being chased by those buggers however.  It doesn't take long for you to "read" them and know when to push and when to back off.  Maybe I just think like a Hereford.

So ..... I'm sitting at the computer in the living room, already getting antsy about the STUFF that hasn't found its home yet.  I can feel the need to organize creeping up my back.  Let's see just how far we can get today!!  I'm tired of stubbing my toes!!


12 comments:

  1. I don't envy you moving is no fun. You will get it just take it one day at a time.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep only what you really want or need and let the rest go! I found out that 1/2 the stuff I kept never got used again and now I have a lot less to worry about and keep clean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good advice Kathy ... that is my exact plan. I've got WAY too much stuff!!

      Delete
  3. You better find that tiny house in Tucson fast or else you'll pay the equivalent outlay to reregister your vehicles back in California.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've no doubt that's true ... but I have figured that into the equation. I will still be ahead of the game, although barely! LOL

      Delete
  4. Maybe you need a 'Tiny House' (like a 12'x16' shed on a concrete slab) in your backyard close to the house that is your Quilt House? All it would need is some power and a small Window AC and a De'Longhi Oil-Filled Radiator Space Heater (we have one of these in RV and it keeps us toasty as long as temps are above 40 degrees). What's another $8-$10K???? When you sell that house, which you will some day, you will get your money back...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Dave ... I like the way you think!! I'll build a mother-in-law house in the back yard!! At least I wouldn't have to drive far to the "vacation" home!!

      Delete
  5. Your trail cam takes much better pictures than mine does. What the make and model of it? It looks like it may be starlight instead of inferred.
    Thanks, Bobseyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Browning Trail Camera Strike Force Pro. It runs about $160 I think ... a little more than it used to be. In fact, I have two ... and they both work great!! I think you can get it on Amazon ... or Browning's website.

      Delete
  6. I can feel the anxiety in your post, wanting things clean, organized and put away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy are you right!! It's probably good that Prince Charming hasn't shown up ... I would drive him crazy!!

      Delete