Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Panic Has Set In

It's a lovely not-so-warm 38 degrees this morning as the fog rolls in yet again.  Nothing chills you to the bone like 100% humidity in the freezing cold.  It was pretty much a do-nothing day until I remembered that I was supposed to pick up some legal papers last week.  My attorney is a long ways away, but more importantly, it meant I actually had to get dressed up in something publicly acceptable.  

Why that brought about a cleaning frenzy, I've no idea.  It started with sheets and migrated into the sewing room closet.  I've got yarn, witches hats, wreaths, scuba diving gear and vintage clothing stuffed in there like the potato in that sausage.  Oh and tablecloths from way back in the 50's, followed up by a roller skating reindeer and a big stuffed decorative bunny.  No one ever said I wasn't diversified.

The next find brought about 30 minutes of getting this Christmas photo of Cooper wearing a Santa hat.  Everyone has these pictures of their kids, right?  


Here it is ... the PERFECT Santa photo of Cooper!!  I'm putting it on next year's Christmas card.  That's it ... that's the best I could get.  He obviously didn't think this was the least bit fun!


Or maybe I'll use this one.  In case you didn't know, the name of this place is Buzzards Roost because they come here every winter to hang out on the neighbors trees.  This guy keeps an eye on the couch for me.


Jonathan has been hanging in there pretty well.  After all, he has a heat lamp at the side of his cage.  I'm sure it's not as warm as he would like, since chewing up all the coverings that are meant to keep it warm.  This is an excellent example of why he does not have the run of the house.  This is what the couch would look like in fifteen minutes.  I did find another old towel in that closet, so maybe I'll remodel his house today.


I did make one big mistake.  I washed the rug where Cooper got sick, not even THINKING about how I was going to dry it.  That bathtub is huge, meaning the rug is even bigger.  It languished here all day before the sun finally came out for about two hours, not that it helped.  It was so cold, it did not dry one little bit.

Back in the bathroom it went where it still remains.  I'm praying for more sun.


And then it happened.  I read my emails.  Panic set in immediately.  I ordered 3072 ice cream bars for the rally, pickup to be on January 10.  It's never been a problem, but I sent out an email just to be sure, to which I received this note:

I have been working on your order since 12/1/22.   That ice cream bar was deleted from our system last year, it will return on 1/16/23.  I'm working with the buyer to get them here for your pickup date.  Bare with me.  Thank you.

Are you kidding me?  I've got 20 days to come up with over 3000 ice cream bars?????  OMG OMG!!  I've having a full blown panic attack!!  There are only two places to get that much ice cream, and only if you order it two months in advance!!  The funny thing is those bars are available at THIS Costco, why not THAT one?  Everyone please say a BIG PRAYER for me!!

To try and calm my nerves, I played with my guy for awhile.  This is yet another of the ball games we play, which is why there is an ugly blanket on the couch.


To add to the loveliness of the day, my painter came by for a check.  Of course that ran much more than anticipated since they did come back and repair the hole in the roof one day when I was gone.  Big sigh!  It took me so long to save up that money, it sure hurts to see it disappear so quickly.  

I won't tell you how much it was because I'll cry.  I suppose it's worth it to not have windows falling out from wood rot, or water damage from leaky roofs and gutters.  It's been 13 years and I really haven't had to pay for any maintenance, so I suppose it was time ... kind of like when you own a big RV.  

SO ... I now get to spend the next two hours coming up with the money out of several different accounts.  Parting is such sweet sorrow!!!


20 comments:

  1. I’m in a panic just from reading your post! Lol.
    Maybe one Costco could ship to another one. Or you could do something else instead of bars, maybe small sundaes instead.
    Jonathan looks like a very good demolition expert, you could hire him out to make up the money for the painters!
    Wind would help dry the rug, or you could put in the garage over a few chairs or something that would also help dry it and get it out of the bathroom.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked about 20 different Costco ... and none of them have that ice cream any more. Weird since I just bought some a few months ago. I think it's a fight over the price.

      Delete
  2. Money well spent but we know your pain. We try to live month to month spending only what we have coming in and hopefully adding a little to saving. Sadly, the last few months we have been pulling from savings to pay for all our purchases. Money well spent for the most part, but it is still hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's especially hard to do right now. Guess I'll stock up on those boxes of noodles!

      Delete
  3. Mr. Ed has your solutionVery simple solution you have 3 options one you could give them peanut butter jelly sandwiches that always goes over good. Or you could find a Mexican restaurant/grocery and ask them if they know of a portable vendor that sells ice cream for the amount of people you have or you could find an ice cream vending truck in that area tell them how many people you might expect and figure it
    Personally I would much rather have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and not have to listen to the stupid music of And ice cream truck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha ... I'm not sure an ice cream truck would have 3,000 bars. PB&J ... not that's an idea!

      Delete
  4. When (not if) you sell your California home, it will be ready for a quick sale... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ice evaporates. Hang the rug outside. Don't take it down until it is no longer stiff. Stiff mean still icy. At least, that's our daughter's experience hanging laundry outside in a Minnesota winter.
    Linda Sand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm that's interesting. I do have a fence I could throw it over!

      Delete
  6. Hmmm...forget the ice cream. They are probably all diabetic anyway. Or how about 3,000 donuts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! That's not a bad idea at all!! I'm going to look into it.

      Delete
  7. I like Elva's idea! Donuts!! I like Deb's idea about the rug too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Shirley ... donuts would be easier I think.

      Delete
  8. Just remember you can't take it with you so use it while you can. You'll get it all back when you sell anyway. Love the little games you and Cooper play. Fast nose Cooper. Good luck getting your ice cream bars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true Doug, it just goes against my cheap nature!

      Delete
  9. Elva has the ice cream dilemma solved! Maybe it will be too cold anyway!
    Sorry, it must be stressful to hear that news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so much fun at this late date. I'm hoping they will come through for me. If not, donuts it is!!

      Delete
  10. Oh Nancy, you are so busy!
    Love the Cooper and Jonathan pictures.

    ReplyDelete