Sunday, December 25, 2022

Have A Holly Jolly Christmas .....

A very Merry Christmas to all of my blog friends.  Did Santa make it to your house??

No, this is not my back yard.  Instead, I had another skunk visitation.  I have finally set my thermostat so it does NOT come on in the early morning hours.  I suppose it's time to put the game camera out again.  I did patrol the corrals and found one more hole to plug up.  Definitely NOT what I wanted for Christmas!!  

I did learn the same thing is going on in Colorado.  Friends of friends have had to put in the same underground fence as I did after having an entire family of skunks set up camp under their back porch.  Oh the fun!!!


It was a dark foggy weird looking night as Cooper and Jonathan waited for Santa to come down our fake chimney.  I laugh because as I took a good look at the roof, the chimney is a good 20 feet to the right of the actual fireplace wall, which is why the painter had such a hard time finding the leaky light fixture.  I kept telling him it was behind the fireplace chimney ... but there WASN'T one!!!


At any rate, I'm sure I spotted Rudolph's red nose as Santa flew through the fog, or maybe it was just the brakes lights of a neighbor.  I have to say, it's never EVER been so completely quiet in the morning.  No jet engines, no barking dogs, no freeway traffic ... it's almost eerie how quiet it is this Christmas morning.


I slept like a log until 1:00 am, which is probably when Santa arrived with Cooper's snacks.  I've no doubt he stepped on one of six balls laying around the house and stuck it in the stocking for good measure.  There just might possibly be an actual NEW one hidden in the kitchen cupboard.


Which is why Cooper kept barking at the cupboard most of the day.  He's got a nose like a bloodhound.


Jonathan even got something from Santa for Christmas.  Looky here!! A lovely shade of brown toilet paper roll.  Don't laugh ... it's one of his favorite things to shred into teeny tiny pieces.  Luckily I ...... I mean Santa ... remembered to save one for him.  AND he'll get a big fat piece of banana.  Merry Christmas to the two kids!!


As for me, I'll be cooking up a storm today!  Not really, but I am going to try not to burn my 15 pound monster of a turkey breast.  If it turns out okay, Cooper and I will share it, as well as provide dinner for him for the next month.  I hope he likes turkey!!

The rest of my day will be spent watching FOOTBALL!  Not that I'm a great fan, but it passes the time.  


I hope everyone has a nice WARM Christmas with family and friends.  Keep those heaters roaring!!!!!


24 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you Nancy. Amazing how easy it is to please these 4 legged friends of ours...wish 'people' in general were just as easy. As for Marcia and I, we don't get stuff for each other for Christmas, very content with what we have, and when we 'need' something, we just get it then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Dave. It's more fun making the critters happy!!

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas Nancy and family! I agree with Dave! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm betting you had a crazy, cold, busy Christmas!! Merry Christmas to you and your entire family!

      Delete
  3. Wishing you along with Cooper and Jonathon
    a Safe and Merry Christmas.
    Loved the Christmas Pictures.
    Hope you solve your problem soon.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rick. Hoping you two get down to Q next winter.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like your kids were on the nice list this year! Merry Christmas to you and your crew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They WERE ... as I'm sure YOURS were too!! You can't beat snuggly puppies at Christmas.

      Delete
  5. Merry Christmas, happy Santa found you. Looks like he's been here also, haven't opened anything yet. Like those above, we don't go all, just little things, get what we want when ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you've been getting in lots of flying, Bill. Looks like fun to me. See you both soon, if I make it through the snow! LOL

      Delete
  6. Merry Christmas to you, Cooper and Jonathon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you and Lynn. Hope you had a nice WARM one!

      Delete
  7. Merry Christmas. Enjoy the football games. Our Christmas shopping is easy. We don't buy for each other anymore. The grandkids are all adults and they get a check. That's all folks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That has been my theory for years! Me too ... football!!

      Delete
  8. Here's an interesting deterrent for rats and mice and other animals nesting in your area. Put a strobe light in there and put it on slow strobe. Animals don't like changing light sources. I found this on YouTube a while back and they had strobe recommendations too.
    And why is there never a pic of your bird? And Merry Christmas to your all.
    Bobseyes.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jonathan has made a couple of appearances ... I'll post a few more. Strobe lights ... never thought of that ... and I even have one. I'm going to try it!

      Delete
  9. Merry Christmas to you, too. We are safe and cozy at home looking out our windows at the white Christmas scene here in Minnesota.
    Linda Sand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooooh BRRRRR ... but isn't it gorgeous? Merry Christmas to you and your family Linda!!

      Delete
  10. Cooper and Jonathan have a wonderful mom!
    Merry Christmas to you all🎄
    Always look forward to your posts.
    Linda a,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you ... and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

      Delete
  11. Merry Christmas, Nancy. Those kids of yours deserve the best, besides a great Mom. I agree with Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only following your lead Patsy!! Gotta keep the kids happy!!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you Deb and Riley!!! I hope you had a nice warm day!!

      Delete