Friday, December 30, 2022

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

 Oh wait .... not quite yet, but we are getting close.  Tomorrow night is the big splash, the big drop and the big headache.  As for me, I just stay home.  It's so much easier that way.  

Yes it's still raining ... and raining.  I know we need the water, but I wish it would just stop for the two days it takes me to get to Indio.  We got a reprieve of about three hours yesterday, but it rained all night long.  The forecast here is for rain every day for ten days.  Rain is good ... snow is bad!!  Because .........

WE HAVE ICE CREAM!!!!!

Boy is that a big load off my shoulders!!  I don't have to run around like a mad woman trying to buy up all the paper bowls I can find.  That Loretta from La Quinta Costco ... she is a miracle worker ... a magician of majestic talents!  How she talked their supplier into delivering their product two weeks early, is beyond me, but I'm certainly happy she did!!


For her next amazing trick, I'm going to ask her to get Mother Nature to hold off for two days while I drive down south!  I don't mind the rain ... no problem there ... but THIS!!  I seriously do NOT want to drive in this.  Just the thought gets my heart racing and my blood pressure rising to epic proportions.  Yessirree ... I'm a worry wart from WAY back!!!  I don't know how I got this way ... it just happened.


My alternative route ... OMG right straight through L.A. and Pasadena on a Sunday when everyone is going home.  The struggle is real.  I went this way once in a car and got lost three times.  The freeway signs are a jumbled, very deceiving mess, that make you think you are going right when you are actually going left and back the way you came.  I think I will probably age ten years in the next ten days.


Since worrying is a full time job for me, I did absolutely nothing else yesterday.  Today I'll try to get some honey-dos finished up, like Amazon returns and fueling up the truck.  

In the meantime, I've got lots of packing and sorting to do, trying to squish all those fabric boxes in under the bed along with the quilt tops that need quilting.  Just for giggles, and to keep my mind off traveling, I think I'll even pay some bills.  THAT should be a good distraction!!!


9 comments:

  1. Just take a deep breath and stay in the middle lane until you are ready to exit.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the coming New Year 2023.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True ... and I have done that ... there are just a couple of turnoffs that are not user friendly!!

      Delete
  2. It’s a free website go onto it find the area that you wanna go through and check out the WebCam

    https://cwwp2.dot.ca.gov/vm/iframemap.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you go over the Grapevine remember to check the weather for Frazier Park. They get some snow. Have you ever driven the Pearblossom highway? That might be 2 lanes only. Then there's a road that goes thru 29 Palms. I remember one time the I-10 area thru Whitewater was very windy so we took a road thru 29 Palms. Choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can get past Tehachapi, I'll head to Barstow, Lucerne Valley and Yucca Valley. I think they will be okay.

      Delete
  4. Way to go Loretta! I have confidence that you will get down there with no problem at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup Loretta is a peach!! I'm glad someone has confidence because it's not me!! I'm working on that part!

      Delete
  5. I know you worry about the journey BUT you'll be fine. I just hope that it isn't raining and if it is, not 'frozen rain' as it says on the forecast template. Go pack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunday and Monday are looking better, but that can change in just a few minutes. I need a distraction so I don't worry! LOL

      Delete