Monday, October 12, 2020

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

 At this point I am SO hoping that's a true statement.  My oh my, and we still have three weeks to go.  I better be getting VERY much stronger or I won't survive the last two weeks where I don't get a day off.

Here's pictures from our Time Travel Ride.  Every car they have, eight in total (each being about 12 feet long) are hooked up to the tractor I drive through a twisty turny route back through the gold mine days, further back through our peaceful Indian phase and right into Dinosaur land.  

This is our biggest guy, a lifesize T-rex that the kids go bananas over.  There's lots of screaming as I drive by this big boy.


 I was on the grounds by 8:30 to begin stocking up for what is usually our biggest day.  This is pretty crazy, but I move over 2,000 pounds of water bottles and close to 900 pounds of soda on each weekend day.  First I load it in wagons, then drag it over to the snack bar where I unload it and stack it up five feet tall.  

Yes ... by Sunday afternoon, I'm a total wreck.  The only thing that saves me is I wear my trusty very supportive marathon running shoes which keep me upright.  When I'm really exhausted, I visit the goats for moral support.

All that water and soda then has to be circulated through the ice chests where it's available for the girls to sell.  What keeps my circulation going is that 1,000 pounds of ice I haul over to keep everything cold.  I'm used to the cold water now ... the kids, not so much.  

In the middle of all that, I keep the hot dogs and buns flowing along with enough cheese for those nachos to sink a ship.
 


 In other words, I'm pretty beat up but will be strong as an ox when this is over ... if I survive.  In that light, I have requested a large male slave to carry all the heavy stuff.  Hopefully next weekend will be more productive and less painful.


 Aren't these flowers gorgeous?  The entire perimeter of the ranch is planted every year, along with every other spare piece of dirt.  All of these grow from seeds.  Between the pumpkins and the flowers, it's the perfect spot for fall pictures.  We have even had several weddings here.


 One last parting shot at the dinosaurs as I drive through giving the other drivers lunch breaks.  Yes, all their dinosaurs are lifesize and hand painted.  They are pretty cool.


 I have company for the day ... a girlfriend from Sacramento came down to the Kissack Hotel to check on her rentals.  I told her to bring food since there is nothing left in my fridge and there's no way I'm cooking.  Mondays I sit on the couch until I fall asleep because Tuesday I'll be back at it.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger .....

Total mileage to date:  89.6

Estimated weight of water lifted to date:  9,200 pounds

 

12 comments:

  1. You definitely need some big strong teenage boy to be doing the heavy lifting! Flowers are gorgeous! I can imagine it would be a beautiful place for Fall weddings! Love the dinosaur!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, my strong teenage boy on the first day, quit. I think maybe I worked him too hard. Nothing I hadn't done every night for two weeks!! LOL

      Delete
  2. Except for bears, bears will kill you, then you will not have to worry about carrying all that soda and water. Who knew there was an upside to getting killed by a bear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right ... bears can be a problem. But then I wouldn't have to lift all that weight!!! LOL

      Delete
  3. Great looking dinosaurs and cute goats. My! You must have muscular arms and lots of stamina to keep up with everything that needs to be done. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stamina is the key word. I've been a workhorse all my life, and many marathons kept me in shape for years. I do seem to be slowing down however.

      Delete
  4. Look at the bright side you are getting paid to exercise.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your company.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly how I look at it. That strength lasts me all year long!!! Makes loading the RV easier.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful flowers and I love the dinosaurs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your two days off...after driving nearly 1,000 miles over the past two days, we are taking Tuesday off, staying 300 miles from home for two nights, and then the fun unloading starts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea Dave. That's just too many miles to be driving without a good rest. That unloading part ... not my favorite. I've since learned to travel with MUCH less that I never used in the first place.

      Delete