Saturday, October 24, 2020

Keeping Everything Straight As A Circle

 My lungs haven't quite been able to keep up with my legs.  It doesn't help when you have to wear a mask the entire time you are at the patch.  I run for lots of product and supplies ... literally, I run.  It makes for little air actually getting in to your lungs.  "They" keep saying there's no problem with exhaling carbon dioxide and then breathing it back in.  I'm here to say THEY are wrong.

So every chance I get to drive the tractor where you don't have to wear a mask, I jump all over it.  We were so busy last night I had to make a few rounds on a second hay ride just to keep up.  We played chase and I lost.  My second little tractor just couldn't keep up.  The best part is the fun I have with people when they find out it's a woman tractor driver.  Look look ... it's a GIRL!!!  If I lose anyone, please scream out!


 The mornings are relegated to field trips, 11-2 is pumpkin sales, all the while trying to keep them in their allotted areas ... and at 3 we open to the public.  Those field trips kids and their parents have been a problem.  They don't seem to want to stay sitting down on the rides.  I finally stopped the tractor and just sat there.  They got the message for all of 3 minutes. 


 The best part of the day was Taco Bell.  Bet you didn't expect to hear that!!  The Pastor's wife brought a burrito to me for lunch.  It was DELICIOUS!!  That almost made up for the fact I was on my feet for 11 hours yesterday.  In my absence, someone thought they would keep the snack bar open for another hour.  That thought lasted about 20 minutes until my return, whereupon we shut down. 

There were three reasons for that.  One, my feet were cursing me ...  two, my girls cannot work that long without a break and three we sold out of hot dogs and nachos.  Our straight arrow is more like an S curve, but I try to keep it moving.


 The funny for the day ... we caught three kids in the corn maze trying to hide until we opened so they could get in free.  To do that, you have to remain very quiet.  Pictures on Facebook do not help your case.  We heard voices coming from the corn and it wasn't ghosts.  They were expelled.

This morning I get an extra hour on the couch before heading out for more torture ... I mean fun!!  I plan on sitting down every chance I get.  That shouldn't be too hard since my "muscle" will arrive at 10:00.  Now HE gets to do all that running around.


 

15 comments:

  1. Definitely agree with the Recycled Carbon Dioxide not being able to work at your full potential.
    Always someone thinking they have a scam to beat the system.
    Schedules are made for a reason. Glad they realize why.
    Hard to catch mistakes falling asleep at the Keyboard.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the Patch.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree on all points Rick. I have the same sleepy mistakes on MY blog!! LOL

      Delete
  2. Go to Home Depot and for 10 bucks or less you can get a Neck garter Even so it looks clumsy they’re actually pretty damn good you never have to take it off you just pull it down when you want to use it put it back up they’re made out of a spandex type product you could throw it in the laundry you can hand wash it and hang it up overnight when air passes over it is actually cool During the daytime take it off stick it in water ring it out put it back on it’ll keep your neck cool and very easy to breathe through more so than a Face condom. https://www.discountmugs.com/product/hbnd005-jasper-multi-functional-unisex-neck-gaiter/?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually do have one, and it is much easier to breathe. It is also much hotter!! With the weather turning cooler, that may be my answer.

      Delete
    2. Keep it wet makes a big difference

      Delete
  3. I guess having the OR staff all masked up while they are cutting us open isn't such a great idea after all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe not ... although I'm sure they only wear it part time. We have to wear ours from 9:00 to 7:30 at night while running back and forth for supplies. It does make a big difference.

      Delete
  4. Kids will be kids...some turn into monsters before Halloween. Too bad you couldn't put them to work to teach them a lesson...like picking up garbage, or shoveling out a barn or two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesterday at Walmart I complimented a woman on her mask..she said a lady there makes them. A piece of fabric in a small square with string to tie behind your head. The bottom swings free..guess it meets Walmart standards but I can see customers (the believers) complaining. I'm the only one in Walmart without a mask or face shield..sad. Beautiful pictures! WOW..people will try anything to get FREE! Yeah I'd love to drive the tractor with all those Happy people! Fun times for you for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pastor's wife to the rescue. What a nice lady. I don't know how people wear masks outside in the heat. Saturday it was hot. I stood outside a key making kiosk. The key maker wasn't wearing a mask and he didn't have any signs up. So I just stepped back as far as I could and took off the mask. I felt like I was suffocating. That's the first time I had a problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how we all feel every day ... like suffocating. I never seem to be able to catch my breath without taking it off in the barn.

      Delete
  7. Love the sunflowers for personal reasons. Wearing a mask in the heat cannot be fun as it isn't fun in the cooler temps. LOL I'd jump on that tractor too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup heat makes it even worse. You sweat in that mask until it's wet. I'm thinking there will be more people than ever with lung problems.

      Delete