Sunday, October 11, 2020

BIGGEST DAY EVER !!!

 I arrived at the Patch at 8:30 in the morning.  There was a plan in the works to sell tri-tip sandwiches, using up half of my hot dog - nacho 100 square feet.  I needed to fight for every square inch.  In the end, it worked out, but there were five people in that very small area trying to create edible food.  

We sold over 200 hotdogs, 250 nachos and 120 sandwiches to the biggest crowd the Patch has ever seen.  You can just imagine what it took to do that.  

It was an epic day.  The snack bar numbers tell the tale.  That and my FEET who are screaming expletives!  My storage container is about 200 yards away.  That means carrying everything in our little wagons meant for pumpkin shopping.

You can get four cases of Costco water in one wagon.  I truly needed two horses to haul it back to the snack bar.  The grand total was 22 cases.  Not only hauled, but opened and worked through the gigantic ice chest to get it cold before selling.  I can pretty much tell you what the North Pole feels like!!


 We have two smaller ice chests for snow cone ice and that also has to be hauled over by hand. Stuffing warm water bottles in ice makes it melt fairly fast.  That of course requires removal with a five gallon bucket ... all done by hand of too.  This is definitely a "hands-on" kind of place.

Snow cones came to over 250.  In other words, I'm a physical wreck today, but can tell I'm getting MUCH stronger along the way.

This is the only picture I got of the day.  There wasn't even time to sit down, let alone walk around.  

We ran out of everything ... literally everything ... when we closed the snack bar at 7:30.  The owners now have to hit the stores early because we open again at 10:00.  I'm hoping today I'll get that promised strong young man to be a runner for supplies while I sit on my duff.  Yeah, that's probably not going to happen.  

The most excitement of the day happened when I got a break to drive tractor for lunch hours.  YIKES!!  Wait ... it's a new tractor I've never driven before.  I told the passengers they were in for an experimental ride ... forewarning is always a good thing.  

With the exception of one little jerk, they all survived and no one fell off.  YAY!!  I thanked them profusely for being the guinea pigs for the new driver.  They all laughed, which made me feel better.

Anyway, I'm back at it this morning, counting the minutes until I get off because MONDAY is a day off for me.  I can't wait.





6 comments:

  1. I'm certain your step counter is getting quite the workout as well.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your time off.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My watch has GPS ... it's definitely getting a workout. I have to plug it in every night!!

      Delete
  2. Love the picture! WOW...it sounds like a wonderful day for the patch, but a killer for you! Almost your day off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely made the owners very happy. We were not at all expecting crowds like that. Everyone is just so happy to be out of their house!!

      Delete
  3. Sound like a very busy day. Must have been a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been sunny with clean air ... running in the 80's. Everyone has been locked up for so long, they are thrilled to be outside and have some place to go.

      Delete