Thursday, June 28, 2018

Where's The Aspirin??

Where's the beef used to be the saying around here.  Now that I'm older, it's where's the aspirin!!  I feel just about as good as Miss Jessie looks.  I've got leg muscles I didn't know I had, not to mention a stiff neck.
There are very few times I can get Cooper to sleep like this.  It's that darn ball game.  He feels better, so his fanaticism returned.  Luckily he will lay at my feet when I'm on the computer, so I spent a lot of time sitting here.  He will also stay quiet if I'm sewing, so I put in quite a few hours yesterday.

In between, I try to get him to sleep on the floor next to me.  I finally pulled one of my couch cushions off to sit on so my butt would have some feeling at the end of the day.  That however has brought about a new problem ... getting up and down.  I've got muscles I didn't know I had!!  You need a good workout?  I have a plan for you!

Tomorrow I'm heading out to find a blow-up mattress.  I'm going to need one in Arizona anyway.  All three of us can share and it won't hurt Cooper's back when he exits the bed.  Last night I snuck up on the couch, but it didn't last long.

These meds require lots of water and many trips outside.  I'm lucky if I get two hours sleep at a time.  It's okay ... I'll snooze in the afternoon!!
Trying to think ahead with a still fuzzy brain, I whipped up some bird biscuits for Jonathan.  I even grated apple and carrot into these.  Hopefully he appreciates it!!  I know I've said this before, but if you bake, you should check out Wilton pans, as in cake decorating.  Both Walmart and Michaels carry many of them.  Everything comes out slick as can be ... I just turned these muffins with my fingers so they would cool.  Cleanup was a breeze.
Otherwise, same ole, same ole.  The Post Office never called and did not deliver my package yesterday.  The bank never got my payment made, but they did figure out why it wasn't working and are in the process of fixing it.  Two of the now seven items returned are being re-sent.  

For an even MORE fun afternoon, my gardener upped the timer on all twelve irrigations stations.  After four hours, I looked outside to see the sprinklers STILL running.  As I walked across the lawn to turn them off, I sunk in the mud.  Squishy is the word I would use.  When I leave, I'm putting a padlock on the box.

Here's the info on Walmart should anyone be interested.  I'm not sure they ALL offer this service, but it would be easy to check.
And here's your 10% off coupon.  Just put in the code WOWFRESH.  I'm thinking it just groceries you can purchase.  I didn't go through their entire list of products, but it looks like you can purchase just about anything.  Be sure and load up YOUR store or you might be driving to Kentucky for pickup.
I'm a little ahead of schedule ... only a four hour wait ... but I'm heading off for a haircut.  It's funny, it never seems to get really dark here at night, so the puppies have me up at 3:30, thinking it's time to start the day.  The next time I need the company of a pet, I think I'll find a nice kitty cat.  At least you don't have to open the door for them every three hours.






10 comments:

  1. Sore muscles , your have been getting exercise then. An air mattress will help when sleeping on the floor for sure.
    And again good luck with your packages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up and down, up and down. At least I'll end up with strong legs!! LOL

      Delete
  2. Plus cats don't insist on playing the ball game. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Air mattress might work as long as the pups nails don't pierce it.
    Our 22+ year old Cat used to wait by the door every day to welcome me home from work. Good thing we weren't On-Line back then or he would have been jealous.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Your kitty lived a long time. He must have had the perfect home!!

      Delete
  4. Don’t forget you can leash up Cooper to something like a table or chair so he doesn’t get around.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping the muscle relaxants would take care of that! LOL Good idea though ... thank you so much!!

      Delete
  5. NOOOOOO! NOT A CAT!!!!! haha
    air mattress sounds like a plan, make sure the mattress had a soft top so you arent listening to the rubber. 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's a tip I NEVER would have thought about. Scrunchy rubber. I do remember that from the old days of air mattress camping.

      Delete