Friday, January 17, 2014

YUMA FLEAS !!!

Oh my ... what a night!!  This cold/cough thing is horrible.  Hoping my brain doesn't explode before I finish the blog!!

I've been having such good luck, why break the carma!!  My internet connection freaked out and died an awful death .. it must feel like I do.  After an hour on the phone with a tech, he said just bury it and get a new upgrade, at no cost.  Can it be that easy??

After a leisurely morning yesterday, we couldn't stand it any more ... the Yuma Flea Market kept calling our names.  First however, we stopped at a huge new RV store on Frontage Road called Southwest Exchange, with everything you could possibly want.  Truly, this store is amazing.  We found needed measuring spoons, doggie bags, meat thermometers and "stuff", all at good prices, with free popcorn to boot.  I'm pretty sure Dan snuck in TWO bags of popcorn!!

Next up ... lets check out the fleas!!  I really didn't have much on my flea list for this year ... Dan found the gizzy to adjust the valve stems on my rig so the Tire Tracker pressure system will read correctly.  I really do like the system, but I'm up to six blinking lights saying all six tires are flat, and I would REALLY like it not to screech at me every thirty minutes going down the road, as it has for the last 9 months.  Liar liar pants on fire, although I've stopped a few times, NO tires have ever been flat.
Everywhere you go now, you see these plastic lights ... especially in the RV parks.   Although they look quite complex, they are easy to put together and look amazing as the light filters through.   Here's the photographer's version ... 
This is the full size of the same one.  Great art pieces, but unfortunately they don't have a cowgirl one  that would fit my decor!!
I'm pretty sure that you could find anything you want at this huge flea market ... although Patty said it isn't near as large as it used to be.  Where else can you get TWO sets of earrings for $20 that can be mixed and matched with the ones I already have??  I even found a pair of waterproof sandals, made in the USA!!! for $16.
We finally made it to Sprint where I hoped to pick up my new MiFi ... except of course, NOTHING is easy!!!  It wasn't free ... it was $100, but they would completely re-zap my old one and make it new again for free ... in about an hour.  Since we have now wandered miles from home, we opted for an early dinner while we wait ... can you guess where???
You're right .. Cracker Barrel.  Why mess with a good thing!!!  Patty and I had the roasted turkey and dressing lunch plate, which was delicious and more than we could eat, for $5.99!!  With biscuits, gravy, cranberry sauce and mac 'n cheese ... how could we go wrong!!!
Back at Sprint, I walked in and out in less than 60 seconds with my new/old MiFi that seems to be working great.  Finally ONE thing went right!!

On the ride back in the Chance Jeep, I'm getting pretty squished by all the goodies that are filling up the back seat, including a welder, a metal stand, a welding helmet and a large roaster oven!!  Course there are two big boxes of wood that will be burned up in Quartzite ... to make room for more goodies picked up at THAT flea market!!  I really can't throw stones because I now have a bigger-than-life sized rooster in the back of MY jeep!!  Hey ... I've been looking for three years!!  OMG I think I sound like Si Robertson!!!

When we got back to our rigs, the big JAM was going on.  Turns out there are about 15 musicians that play while someone sings ... karaoke style ... kind of ...  The room was totally packed, with overflow seating outside.  The overflow even danced on the patio!!
They had guitars, flutes, banjos, accordions and even a saxophone!!  Although the singers weren't ready for American Idol, they were having one heck of a good time!!  Being a seniors only park, they have lots of activities like this to keep everyone busy and their participation rate is very high!!  It was good to see them rockin' out!!
By now it's getting late, but I went online to see if there is a way Dan and I could repair my dryer.  Have you heard the words "Not A Chance"??  Well that was in big print on my computer screen when I saw you basically have to dismantle the entire thing in order to access the belt.  My best bet I suppose is to take it home and see if I can find an appliance repair guy in Modesto.  Since it is not the washer/dryer combo machine, but JUST a dryer, I should be able to find SOMEONE who can fix it.  In the meantime, I took advantage of the park laundry room to dry all my laundry before hitting the hay.  I should have had someone knock me out ... cuz I was up all night coughing and sneezing.  My dogs growled at me for interrupting THEIR sleep ... definitely hoping this crud eases up soon!!


No comments:

Post a Comment