Sunday, January 19, 2014

MINOR REPAIRS AND PEANUTS BEFORE PHOTOGRAPHY!!

It was finally time to do some minor repairs and maintenance on my Phaeton.  Dan crawled up on the roof to fix the loose tape problem, saving me many hundreds of dollars, while I filled my DEF tank.  Anyone having a newer model diesel RV has to deal with this ... but I did find a slightly easier way.  Look for a saltwater fish store ... they have these heavy duty 5 gallon square clear containers for saltwater, very cheap.  They work great for DEF, can be filled up at the diesel truck stop and aren't too heavy to lift.  You just need a funnel to fill the rigs tank.

Next up I set out with my Tire Tracker instruction book to figure out what was going wrong there.  When I removed the right rear device on the Jeep, the monitor said the LEFT FRONT was flat.  After some maneuvering, I deleted everything and started all over again.  EUREKA!!!  The car tires are reading correctly.  I still have the two inside duals of the rig to fix with the valve stem gizzy, but haven't quite gotten up the nerve.  It says there's 10 pounds of pressure now ... with my luck I'll end up with REALLY flat tires!!!  So I put that off for another day when I'm feeling braver!!

While in Indio, I noticed the display on my Progressive Industries EMS box had disappeared.  Not that I ever looked at it anyway ... when I plug in, I just wait for it to klunk loudly, and figure I'm good to go.  Ken Carnes has the same thing ... and he showed me what all the blinking lights were for.   Being able to read the volts, amps and errors would probably be a good thing.  I called Daryl Lawrence ... now THERE'S a guy who knows service ... and he told me how to fix it.  Armed with a screwdriver (I know ... scary, huh??)  I unplugged the rig, took off the cover, found the display module and very carefully plugged it back in, under Dan's watchful eye (just in case I electrocuted myself).   With the cover replaced, we plugged the cord into the stand and hit the breaker.  VOILA!!! I'm always amazed when I do this stuff and it actually works!!!

Lunch time ... we headed out to Golden Corral, a place I've been to maybe once in my life.  The food was excellent!!  I was pleasantly surprised ... although the chocolate waterfalls are highly overrated.  The chocolate cake was MUCH better.

We made a quick side trip on the way home to the Peanut Patch for some game day snacks before calling it a day. 
About 7:00 pm, with Patty as my lookout, we wandered the trailer park looking for some night photography opportunities.  I wanted "Moon Over Trailer Park", but we never did find it ... the moon that is!!  Unlike last year's park full of 1940 models, this one is much more modern.
These lighted palm trees for sale in the Yuma Market Place, are in front of many units.  This one was interesting because the light was reflected in the front of the black motorhome.
Some solar lights were making faint markings on the concrete walk ... a sight I would probably not take the time to photograph, but with few other options, I gave it a shot!!  It picked up the light soooo much better than your eye does ... pretty cool I thought!!
And lastly, Jessie has wanted to put in her two cents for some time, so I am finally giving her a chance!!
It's GAME DAY!!!  so I'll be sitting in front of the tube screaming and yelling for the 49'ers!!!  Hope the neighbors don't mind!!

2 comments:

  1. I am heart broken....badly called came by Refs. Sad day.... --Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. EXACTLY ... I've never seen a game with so many bad calls ... funny how all but one was against US!! Sad day indeed ...

    ReplyDelete