Thursday, January 9, 2014

Wednesday Was A Crazy Day!!

The first order of business was puppy play time!!  Cooper likes to play catch ... he sits on the step at the end of the bed, catches the ball when you throw it, then pushes it with his nose off the step and down to you, where you throw it again.  Thirty minutes of this and I'm going crazy, which didn't help the rest of the day.  It was such a blur, I'm not sure of the "order" of things ...

Anyway, Dan and I headed out to make the last rounds for the ice cream count and were stunned by the Commercial Exhibits request for 625 bars.  That would be 48 CASES more than I ordered!  Panic mode set in pretty quickly because by now I know I'm WAY over my budget!!  Time to seek out MY supervisor and get approval for this.  In the end, it was all approved, which made my situation even worse.  I frantically called every Schwans phone number I had until I reached the District Manager.  No problem he says ... we are getting a large order in Thursday and we will have you covered!!  WHEW!!!  I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief.  We may end up with more ice cream than you can shake a stick at, but at least we'll have enough for everyone!!  Crises averted!!!

Then it was off to the Chapter Fair, using our golf cart as a truck to carry the signs.  Here our President Kurt convinces a young lady how wonderful we are ....  he's SOOOO good at this!!
Patty and I wandered around checking out other groups, but she was REALLY checking out their candy dishes!!!
There are lots of RV dogs and cat here ... but this little guy was just a cutie patootie!!  Those really aren't his red legs hanging out there!!  He seemed very content to just ride along with his mom!
The Safari R US group caught our attention ... even the gal behind the table was wearing leopard!!
We took a break back at the rigs while I wrote up the final delivery list including their location and who to give the ice cream to.  Let me tell you ... if you don't get it right, you get yelled at!!  I was read the riot act in just "asking" where to drop it off, including it better not have nuts (it does) and where the heck are the garbage cans???   Uhhh sorry, that's not my job!!!  

Finally time to barbecue the 20 pounds of tri-tip I brought from Fresno.  Kurt Simon, Bill Strong, Ken Carnes and Dan Chance cooked up a storm, while Sandy Carnes graciously donated her kitchen for the slicing and dicing.
FINALLY .. dinner is served along with wonderful potluck dishes from all the Golden Spike rigs!!
Immediately, I almost have another heart attack!!!  Today I was supposed to order the pizza from Costco for tomorrow night's dinner!!!  Dinner is on hold for me, while I scramble to find my phone.  The Costco gals were very nice, and the order was placed!!  Another disaster averted ... a previous call had warned me to order the DAY BEFORE!!!  Luckily I remembered!!

Stuffed to the gills, we had a short business meeting with a detailed description of Anita and Ed's Rally coming up in Southern California in May.
The Commercial Exhibits open today, so hang on tight to your wallet.  I already made arrangements to lose a chunk adding an awning, but that's Saturday's story!!  The Dogpatch USA parade begins at 4:00 today ... be sure to take your chair ... and be back by 5:30 for pizza!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment