Tuesday, January 14, 2014

SICK AND TIRED!!!

Literally ... I've got a bad cold.  I was locked up in my rig most of the day yesterday, trying to keep everyone else from catching the same thing.  You haven't lived until you've been locked up in 300 square feet with two dogs, one a neurotic poodle, watching vampire movies all day!!!  I'm tired from digging the ball out from under the dash, the chairs, the bathroom door, the rug, down the steps ... he can find more hiding places!!!  Thank you for all the well wishes ... I too hope I get well soon!!!

I finally took a quick break outside for my sanity.  While walking down the block, I met two of the Vice Presidents of our FMCA area that puts on this Rally.  They raved about how good a job the Golden Spike chapter did with the Ice Cream Social, and very tentatively, asked if I might be willing to do it again next year.  Of course I said ... the Golden Spike group is committed to the Ice Cream Social AND the cleanup in exchange for brown lot asphalt parking with a party area.  They were thrilled ... and asked me to thank everyone again!!

On the way back, I saw they were dismantling the big tent.  What an undertaking that was!!
With a couple forklifts and a crew of maybe ten, it came down in the blink of an eye!!  With the exception of having to stop and capture runaway dogs for their owners, they worked until it was down and packed away.
On my way back to the rig, I found this Hot Wheels car sitting on the side of the asphalt.  I thought they were about three inches long!!  This must be the life-size version ...
Temperatures have warmed up here to the 80's, forcing the use of my AC for a short period.  I feel bad because two of my best friends are in windy, freezing temperatures, running their heaters!!  At least I'm not cold with a cold!!

And so today we say goodbye to Indio and head off into the sunset ... actually we are heading south.  This image is how I always remember Indio ... palm trees, blue sky with jet trails and the many American flags that fly here.  This one belongs to Ken Carnes and his wife Sandy!!
I'm looking forward to having hookups in Yuma so I can get some laundry done.  I've totally run out of clean levis and shorts aren't exactly conducive to a cold!!  Sniff Sniff!!  Two years ago in April, I purchased my motorhome at La Mesa RV's year end blowout sale.  I'll be paying them a short visit for some minor repairs while there, then we will be off to the BIG Q to see what treasures we can find.

Happy Trails ... sniff sniff, cough, sneeze!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment