Wednesday, January 22, 2014

THE BIG TENT ... QUARTZSITE!!

Gosh ... I forgot my Sprint MiFi doesn't work well out here at all!!  It just took over five minutes to get to this page, let alone upload anything!!  So for the next few days, pictures will be far and few between!!  I'll catch up when I get back to civilization!!

From Yuma to Quartzsite was an easy 80 some miles with not much traffic ... in fact, I thought we must have the dates wrong because everyone seemed to be going the other direction!!  There is a check station on Hwy 95 with a working drug dog.  I watched as he sniffed Dan's car from bumper to bumper, but he was waved through.  He stopped me and asked if there was just the two of us ... I said no, just me and my dogs.  He waved me through too, but the buy behind me didn't fare so well.  He got pulled over and I never saw him in my mirror again!!  At mile marker 99, we pulled in to the same area as last year, set up the rigs and made a beeline for the Big Tent in town.
It seemed much more crowded with people, but there were a lot of empty vendor booths.   None the less, I found a small collapsible teapot for dry camping coffee.  Patty and I had barely finished half the vendors when Dan called ... he was out the door at the far end.  We took a quick look at the outside vendors and found the Beer Belly's Adult Day Care (a bar of course) had moved to a new location, where it was PACKED!!  Location is everything ... and I'm sure they will be raking in the money here!!

Back home again, Dan built a nice fire while I wandered down the way looking for a saguaro to photograph.  It's pretty hard to find one without twenty RV's parked around it.  The sky looked promising, so I waited ... and waited ... and waited ... nothing.
I finally gave up, freezing because I forgot my jacket, and went back to the house.  I should have more patience (and a down jacket) because a few minutes later, Patty hollered to get outside ... and this was why!!!  I've never in my life seen a sky this red ... there is no photoshop enhancement on this picture ... and I probably missed the best part!!  I'll be out again tonight with a heavier jacket for sure!!
Today we will check out Tyson Wells flea market with rows several hundred feet long, marked from A to Z  ... so you an imagine just how big it is!!  I'm taking a BIG backpack ... you know, just in case I find something I can't live without!!

No comments:

Post a Comment