Sunday, January 12, 2014

WE'VE GOT IT NOW ... RALLY DAY 4

The last full day of the rally started off with the usual watering of the pavement??  I know they make every effort to keep the dust down, which is a problem with all these big heavy rigs driving around, but I wish they would stick to the DIRT.  Watering the pavement results in puddles of water and pooling of mud that we have to walk through daily.  I'd rather deal with dirt than mud!
One of the best things about this rally is spending time with so many Golden Spike folk discussing the problems and needs of the rigs and trading "stuff"!!  If someone has something they aren't using, it is offered up to the group.  I received an egg holder from Tom Westerfield!!  My non-RV friends are saying WHAT??  As an FMCA member, I have an egg-shaped sign with my number, that I have never placed on the rig for lack of a holder.  Yesterday, Dan installed it for me, so now I'm official.  In the process, I found this freeloading hitchhiker stuck to the back corner.  About 3 inches long, he's pretty scary!!  If I had a fishing pole, I'd have a huge fish dinner for sure!!
The second Ice Cream Social day when without a hitch.  The truck was on time with another great driver who helped us at every turn.  The final tally was 4,776 ice cream bars delivered to as many happy RV'rs.  Apparently at the nightly entertainment, kudos went to the person who got it done!!!
It was great fun, supported by a great group of Golden Spike members!!  I see Brown Lot asphalt parking for years to come!!!

One last quick trip through the commercial exhibits for some silicone microwave cooking products and I was ready to hit the hay.  I did want to mention the fashion trends available here however ...  there were many dresses like this for sale, which fit right in to my cowgirl wardrobe.  It has nice thin straps, like a slip, so my flappy arms will show nicely, a plunging neckline to show off my less than beautiful neck, along with a hemline about six inches too short for anyone my age.  The little flowers, ruffles and flour-sack design accentuate all my faults nicely!!  At least there is a coverup, but really ... I'm pretty sure this is for the 16-25 year old crowd, none of which I have ever seen at an RV rally!!  At any rate, it didn't end up in MY closet!
Another reason I love to come here and to Arizona, are the wonderful sunsets.  I missed the best one, but caught part of second place.  You have to be quick here ... they just don't last long at all.
Another happy hour, which became dinner for me, and it was time to veg out with a football game.  I have a sneaking suspicion I'm getting a cold, and we still have cleanup today.  Five golf carts and about 20 people will make quick work of the entire fairgrounds, before moving to a full hookup spot for two days.  After that, we'll head down to Yuma for some "WARM" and hopefully Mac n Cheese at Cracker Barrel!!
Safe travels to my friends that are leaving today.  I will miss all of you until next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment