Monday, March 4, 2013

RV Storage Shed Update ...

And it's not good news.  After pouring concrete and moving the dog kennel and stack of hay, I was ready for the building.  I even backed the RV into the space to be sure I could navigate the slight dog-leg around the rock pillars.


I met with the Building Contractors, who came and measured the space and gave me a price.  They said the engineered drawings that I need for the building permit would be $375.  I decided to wait until I checked with the local Planning Department because of setback requirements.  They told ME 15 feet (which won't work where I want it located) ... they told another Contractor 5 feet.  So which is it?  Apparently just for my subdivision, it is 15.  Other properties in the area ... 5 feet.  The counter guy at the County said something about "keeping the integrity".  WHAT???  Since he made it sound like it was a subdivision requirement, I checked my CC&R's which state "setbacks shall be according to County Code".  I live in the County.  How can they make MY setbacks different from anyone elses?  Obviously I'm not too happy.  He did say I can move it further back and have no problem.  Further back means moving the horse barn and making the RV building sit in the middle of my entire back yard corral.  That's keeping the integrity?

After a short conversation with my original contractor, he's going to find out from his contacts if anything can be done.  It's just soooo frustrating.  An appeal would result in a setback of 9', making the building too close to the garage.  So for now, I have a beautiful pad to park the motorhome on, but it looks like it will NOT be a covered pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment