Friday, March 22, 2013

A Quick Exit .....

Up at 5:00 this morning, not by choice mind you, I'm gearing up to take off for home.  It got rather nippy last night and someone's heater is really LOUD!!  I'm such a light sleeper, that it doesn't take much to wake me.  Once awake, I might as well get up.  Soon as I move in the slightest, my ADD dog heads for the ball and it's time to play.  If not with me, then alone, or rather with my tennis shoes, boots, rug ... whatever he can get the ball into or under.

Dinner last night at the Olive Garden was excellent and the service spectacular.  32 people went to dinner and with only two waiters, we had our drinks, soup or salad and bread in less than 30 minutes.  Entrees came shortly thereafter.  It was nothing short of amazing, considering service is almost a lost word nowadays.  Several of us found the manager and expressed our appreciation.  If you get good service, tell the management AND the servers.

Time to button up the rig, dump the tanks and hook up the car.  I'm heading back Highway 70/99 to Sacramento, then I-5 home.  It's about 5 miles farther, but the roads are great and there's not much traffic.  A quick return trip to the yarn shop netted lots of new projects from the sale bin that should keep me busy until it's time to hit the road to Alaska.

Head 'em up, move 'em out!!!  Happy Trails ...

No comments:

Post a Comment