Monday, April 8, 2024

Short and Boring

What's the saying ... April showers bring May flowers?  🌺 🌸  There should be a passel of them coming up soon.  It looks nice and warm, but it was cold and windy enough that I stayed inside.  The sun just wasn't warm enough.  


I messed around the house doing my very best to tidy up, but discovered I was just moving stuff from one spot to another.  Mostly it went into the back rooms so I didn't see it any more.  I lost the book I was reading, along with my phone ... TWICE.  

I gave up and sat down on the couch.  That was a mistake.  Literally in two seconds I was asleep, passed out like Mr. Cooper here.  I did my best impression of him for an entire HOUR.


Wow ... that's just not me.  I finally got my act together and we went out in the cold for a nice long walk.  That didn't work out so well either.  Cooper wasn't having any of the cold wind.  I felt so bad when later I discovered a big sticker sticking him in the belly.  No wonder he didn't want to walk.

The rest of the day was boring city.  I did laundry, got a fantastic workout trying to get the sheets on my bed and ordered a small crockpot from Amazon, thanks to Elva.  I don't use the three that are in my closet, so I need a new one, don't ya know?  The others are WAY too big and hard to clean.  They will be donated to the Bingo crowd.

All that lack of exercise killed my appetite.  I pulled out one of the last dinner servings and cut it in half.  Why I keep eating WAY too much food when I'm not even hungry, is beyond me.  Oh wait ... there are starving children in the world.  We didn't have much on the ranch because the cattle came first.  If you didn't eat all the food on your plate, you sat there until you DID.  To this day, I clean my plate every single time, no matter what.


Dessert is of course mandatory.  Here's a picture of that pineapple upside down cake I devoured last time.  I got two freebies in that order ... and boy were they good!!  I savored every bite.  I might even have to get out my cast iron skillet and make my own.


I'm all set up for the solar eclipse today.  From the news I hear, Armageddon is going to happen.  It's interesting that it didn't happen last October when I took this photo.  Hopefully we will survive this one and the earthquakes caused by climate change.  Funny how everything is caused by climate change nowadays, and here I thought it was tectonic plates.


That's it folks ... a pretty boring day.  Let's hope tomorrow is better since it will be another day of rousing BINGO!!!




18 comments:

  1. Not a bad looking upside-down cake!
    Glad you got some rest.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was raised the same, where you didn't leave the table until your plate was clean. One memory is of my brother hiding his spinach in his baked potato shell as we were not required to the potato shell. Nice memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's hilarious!! Our trick was to feed it to the dogs we let in. Of course we got in trouble for that, but we got to leave the table.

      Delete
  3. Lol...hiding the spinach. Smart brother! That cake is so cute. I would pick that little cake ten times over the cake from the event. It was cold yesterday. It looked nice until going outside and felt that icy wind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That spinach trick ... wish I had known it. I have to admit, that little cake was better than the frosting explosion.

      Delete
  4. Lot more action than some of mine lately.
    My folks said the same thing and I was skinny as a rail. Then I got married, now I barely eat and gain weight.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the Eclipse.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's me too ... can't eat carbs at all any more.

      Delete
  5. We can’t take it with us, we need to eat it while we are here! Lol

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny cuz I tell myself that about every other day! You are my kind of woman Deb!!

      Delete
  6. I just happened to turn the TV to ABC (channel surfing) right when the two newscasters were looking at the fully blacked out sun WITHOUT glasses on...I was SHOCKED since all I heard for the past week is, "DON'T LOOK AT THE ECLIPSE WITHOUT GLASSES ON!" Apparently you have about 3 minutes where you can look at it without glasses if you were in the full eclipse zone because 2-3 minutes later the male newscaster said, "We need to get our glasses on again, we are past the safety zone." Thought came to my mind, "I wonder how often they took their masks off during the height of the pandemic, just to put them back on again when the camera went live again...."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right you are Dave. I wouldn't take the chance of looking without glasses.

      Delete
  7. Mr. Ed said the only time I get upside down cake is when it falls on the floor and I practiced a three second rule just so it doesn’t lose its flavor… . You do realize they make disposable liners for Electric crockpot. It is the 21st century. Unless, of course you’re making a fantastic cast iron Dutch oven dinner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny! Yes I have disposable liners, but they don't work very well. Mine seem to break quite often because stuff needs to be stirred.

      Delete
  8. Cold here but it is autumn here, falling asleep on the couch isn't something I do, it is something Tim does nightly, I didn't know there was an eclipse and most of my days would seem somewhat boring but such is life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have an eclipse at all in your country? I rarely fall asleep on the couch unless I've been up really late the night before, which seems to be quite often now.

      Delete
  9. Personally I think a lovely boring day is a good thing every once and awhile. No plan, no schedule, no place to be at a specific time just a day to be lived and enjoyed. Sounds like a good day to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit I look forward to those boring days now. Too much Elks stuff going on!!

      Delete