Friday, April 19, 2024

I Was A Whirling Dervish!

 Oh my GREAT AUNT SALLY!  It's 61 degrees this morning in sunny California, heading on up to a whopping 81 by 3pm.  I think spring only lasted four days and we are diving right off into summer.  No, I don't have a Great Aunt Sally.  

If I did, this blog might be a bit longer.  My bad on this day, I didn't get hardly any photos to share.  I did run across this one however, and I think it suits me just right, except I will be jumping out in Levis and boots.


Nothing, absolutely NOTHING, can make me clean house faster than a friend calling and saying they are stopping by in an hour.  Things magically disappear, tables get dusted, the floors swept and things stuffed into drawers faster than the speed of light.  I was a whirling dervish!

I rarely EVER have company, but when they call to say they want to donate not one, but TWO microphone systems to the Elks Lodge, I immediately become available.  She wishes to remain anonymous, which is fine with me.  Obviously they are Elk kind of folks with a giving nature.  Even Cooper put on his best show of affection.


I admit, I was tired.  My tip of the day is do NOT try to stitch up pieces for a quilt when you are tired.  In no time, I had 18 pieces, all sewn together WRONG.  Talk about hanging your head ... mine almost hit the ground.  It took ten minutes to stitch it up and 60 minutes to take it all apart.  I wasn't taking any more chances.  I put it away for another day.

In the blink of an eye, it was time to head out yet again.  This time I was all dolled up in my tux, wishing I had a black skirt that fit.  The second I hit the door and the HEAT, I went into slow motion mode.  A skirt would be SO much cooler.  Even the lodge air conditioning didn't help.

The minute I arrived, I was cornered to discuss scholarships.  We give out a LOT of them to students with good grades ... most of them in the top 5% of their class.  This year we surprisingly have so many applicants with outstanding records that we need to find more money.  I'm sure we can come up with it, I just need to do some research.  

It was BIKER night at the lodge.  Surprised?  Most people are.  We have a huge contingency of motorcycle riders who are supported by our club to the tune of 235 dinners on this night.  I think the raffle after dinner was a record setter.  Or maybe it was the 16 ounce ribeye steaks that were cooked to perfection.  


There was lots of business to be conducted at the meeting after dinner, meaning it was a VERY long night.    There were not one, but TWO written ballots to be voted on ... that's always fun ... along with the passing of the budget which we almost forgot to do.  Another 30 folks were initiated and we are up to something like 1595.  That's amazing since most clubs in our neck of the woods are lucky to have 200 folks.

At long last we were out of there like rats leaving a sinking ship.  No one ever hangs around long, but I did this time to get the phone number of the newest Trustee just elected.  Remember ... DELEGATE!!!




10 comments:

  1. That is not an inexpensive microphone system...not top of the line, but should be adequate for your needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steak looks yummy!
    Rest up today kiddo.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know bugga all about microphones but hope what you got works for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure someone out there will be able to make it work. We have a few techie guys who are good at that stuff.

      Delete
  4. There are a lot of generous people in your circle.
    Glad you are getting nice weather. Now you need time to sun sit!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. STEAK!! Guess I should take one out of the freezer! Then Patsy has goulash - YUM. Guess I'll be cooking in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going for smoked pulled pork ... all day long.

      Delete