Wednesday, May 24, 2023

The Magic Kingdom

 Sooooooo ... I'm up and alive ... and still able to tell you about the tales of the Magic Kingdom of Bingo.  But first, let's get very confused about how to upload images.  Blogger has chosen to change the way it does stuff once again.  Just when you finally get used to the old way, they change it.  


ANYWAY ... we interrupt this programming to tell you about a little hiccup along the way.  This is Mister Cooper in a place I don't think you have seen him before.


Yessirree ... this is the only Emergency Vet within 50 miles of my house.  Mr. Cooper and I made the frantic long trip yesterday morning when he went absolutely ballistic.  There is nothing worse than having your best buddy in the whole world with a medical problem they can't tell you about.  

I'll finish this story tomorrow because he is okay ... or at least he will be.  It's a weird one.


Back to the Magic Kingdom ... I barely made it in time, having just gotten back from the Vet.  Thanks to my Fairy Godmother Jackie, all my stuff was completely set up and ready to go.  I wasn't too worried, since this week of the month is always slow.  

This weeks story is all about what I call stretchy pants.  You know, the tights of old that they now call "leggings".  They have had several names over the many years of my life, but they have always been stretchy pants to me.

If you are a jealous-invoking 135 pound female, they look fabulous.  So trendy and slimming, and probably VERY comfortable.  Truly, if you are under 200 pounds, they still look really cute with a long top.  Especially nice for us old gals that like something comfortable.  I'm with ya on that one!!

On the other hand, if you are 250 pounds, stretchy pants may not be the haute couture you were looking for.  Truly, I'm not being catty here ... just realistic.  If you are over 300 pounds ... PLEASE do not wear stretchy pants.  Try as I might to remain neutral, I just KNOW the look on my face probably reflects that thought.


We had several instances of that little oversight last night.  To make it more uncomfortable for me, the 300 pound stretchy pants had an even tighter top TUCKED IN to the infamous stretch pants.  I just smile, since I don't want to hurt ANYONES feelings.

Nothing can top that, I thought ... until the next gal in line stepped up.  Over 300 pounds in a WHITE STRETCHY ONESIE was more than I could fathom.  Where can you even BUY something like that?  I felt bad for her because I knew I was not the ONLY one with those thoughts.  If only I could have that state of mind, because I look in the mirror every one of the five times I change clothes before leaving the house, to make sure nothing is hanging out and I look presentable.

Things actually went along quite nicely until I left, which was right after the games began.  I cannot thank Mary enough for taking over my job so I could go home to check on Mr. Cooper, who was stuffed into a very small kennel to keep him from moving around.  I was extremely worried about him ... but alas, when I got in the door, he was barking at me like crazy.  That was definitely a good sign.  

I'm exhausted now, mostly from worry, so I'll relate the rest of that story tomorrow.  We will be cuddling on the couch all day today.






20 comments:

  1. Nancy I'm so glad Cooper is ok. Maybe the haircut was overwhelming for him.
    Bingo sounds like quite a fashion show last night.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is ALWAYS a fashion show ... that mostly hurts my eyes. LOL

      Delete
  2. I was sure you were going to comment on the cowboy who lassoed a steer out on the Michigan Highway (https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/have-you-seen/2023/05/24/cowboys-lasso-cow-highway-after-escaping-animal-rescue-facility/11947370002/)

    As for the "white" spandex ... sometimes that show more than one wants to see, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not see that one Dave ... I will check it out. As to the spandex ... you are SO correct.

      Delete
  3. 2 good Reasons why you shouldn’t wear Spandex
    If you Scale weight is over 130 pounds
    And If your dog looks prettier than you
    All they are , are Female commando pants
    I don’t believe I said (posted ) that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha I think spandex should be banned from bingo!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Elva .. and thank you for those prayers.

      Delete
  5. Glad Cooper is ok! Yeah, can't figure why women wear those clothes! Don't they look in the mirror?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I don't think they do Shirley!! That's the problem!

      Delete
  6. Poor Cooper, what happened? Glad to read he is ok, but must have scared you. As to attire in public, I thought the worst are to be found at Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would bet they are one in the same ... Walmart and Bingo!

      Delete
  7. So glad Cooper is going to be fine. Poor wee fellow.
    I agree about the 'stretchy' pants. I wear them a lot with a long to but still check the mirror before i leave the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you look fabulous in them Patsy, as does my friend Barbara. You two can rock the look!!!

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday Nancy. Wishing you many joyful days doing what you love in great health!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marlene!!! I'm very happy to still be here!!

      Delete
  9. It's awful when our furry friends aren't feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, they should not make stretchy pants in XXL! When I see people dressed in something ridiculous and unflattering I picture them in front of their closet, and picking out that item, putting it on and looking in the mirror saying to themselves " Oh yeah, I'm rocking it today!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is EXACTLY it!!! To each his own I guess.

      Delete