Tuesday, May 2, 2023

It's Raining??

Just when you think it's spring, or maybe an early summer with gorgeous 90 degrees days ..... it RAINS.  Along with that comes 44 degrees.  I guess I'm going to have to do a big reset in the house, since I already turned all the heat off and packed away my electric blanket.  Poor Cooper and I almost froze last night.

So far the solar is working great ... I got my usage notice yesterday.  It seems to be a little hard to understand.  There are THREE colors.  Red ...  you are using WAY above the average household.  Yellow ... you are using above the average SOLAR household.  Green ... you are using below the average SOLAR household.  Mine says I'm BLUE.  No description, just blue.  So what the heck does THAT mean?

I checked the cameras the other day to find my latest visitor.  I've been sparing you all the videos up until now.  This guy was laying on the top of my fence one afternoon.  I've no idea where he came from, but since I had some leftover pork that Mr. Cooper wouldn't eat, I left it for kitty kitty.  Funny, but the foxes don't like roast pork.


It was a pretty quiet day as I recuperated on the couch.  I got down on the floor several times for some stretching, which brought out lots of moans and groans.  Getting back up was of course another lesson in just how old I am, but I made it.  This morning I'll go out and try to loosen up a bit more ... by walking.

Did I show you this one?  I finished up this quilt, or at least got it this far, and I hate the border fabric.  It's all just way too busy for me.  Cyndae and I went to the fabric store to see if we could find an alternative.  We came up with nothing, but the nice lady suggested one more white border.  I can do that ... with fabric I already have.  Can you believe it?  I went to a fabric store and DIDN'T BUY ANYTHING!  That's a first!


So here I am contemplating the laundry room faucet.  It doesn't turn off when you turn it off.  The water continues to flow for a few seconds.  Thus the new $40.00 (yessiree, that's Delta) cartridge I purchased with which to fix it.  One of the Knights at Bingo told me it would work.  I then watched a You Tube video on how to change it.

I struggled a bit, but finally got the water turned off underneath and proceeded to remove the handle.   


Totally blurry picture .... before I was able to remove the next piece.  Then out came a ball-looking thing and a geyser of water went everywhere!!!  Yikes ... I guess I didn't get it turned off hard enough.  That's funny ... nothing looked like the replacement piece I had, meaning it's the wrong one.  RATS!!!

I cleaned up all the water scale, put it back together and slowly turned the water back on.  I could just see it shooting up to the ceiling, but I guess I got it back correctly, because it actually still works.  The good news is it shuts off a little better than it did before.  I think I'll just return that part to my least favorite Lowe's store and let it be.  I don't use it much anyway, and a replacement faucet will be $200 plus installation.


That was it for the day until I looked up over said faucet and saw a spider condo of epic proportions.  Many of the walls in this house are painted a color that hides them very well.  I spent the next hour walking around the house looking up with a flashlight and a broom.  They stand out like a sore thumb!  Wow ... that's pretty scary knowing all those critters are overhead looking down on you!!

It took the next thirty minutes to get them all out of my hair ... a very scary, dancing around like a crazy lady event.  You know how you can FEEL them but you can't SEE THEM??  Yeah .... THAT!!

I'm still a little sore and I crackle when I walk, but otherwise I'm ready to hit the road to BINGO tonight.  Luckily it's not a full moon, but it will be an epic night since everyone got paid on the 1st ... so now they can come throw it all away.




10 comments:

  1. Have fun at Bingo tonight!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could you possibly go into a fabric store and leave empty handed? We never do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? There was a weird break in the continuum. lol

      Delete
  3. If you were going to ask me (not that it counts) I would have opted for a couple of solitary colour stripes like blue and orange for the border of that quilt. I'm glad I don't have to do faucet repairs and the likes, but good for you to attempt them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with your color choices 100% Marlene. The problem was that all the fabric was crazy busy like the quilt fabric. Something plain would have worked if they had it. It's a very small store.

      Delete
  4. If you don't have any CLR (Calcium Lime Rust remover) get a bottle. Then take that sink apart like you did and soak the parts in the CLR in a small coffee cup, and pour a little into the cavity that the parts came out of. A few hours later, rinse everything off, maybe use a old toothbrush on the cavity area, rinse cavity and put back together. It is great for shower heads, faucet heads, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have some of that stuff. I'll try it.

      Delete
  5. Blue? Lol...only Nancy's house would be blue. But now you have another project to figure out!

    ReplyDelete