Tuesday, May 16, 2023

CALL THE SHERIFF!

 Oh my aching back!  Ok, that's just complaining.  I'm actually feeling pretty good considering all the heavy pans I threw around the day before.  As much as I wanted to do SOMETHING, I spent most of the day just telling myself to sit down.

At about 10:30, I slid down off the couch to the floor, literally like a snake, to do a bit of stretching.  That brings on a frenzy of ball rolling from this guy.  If you are brave enough to sit on the floor, you are fair game.


I actually did do a little bit of standing up, but first, let me tell you about the Friday night party next door.  Oh yeah ... here we go again.  See these guys?  Yup ... they are on my lawn.  I admit, I had a moment of stupidity when the UNDER 21 year old came to the door and asked to set up their ping pong table on my lawn.  

I told the kid he could ONLY if they kept the noise down.  "Oh yeah" he said ... "of course" ... liar liar pants on fire!!  I couldn't help but laugh when I spotted them going through ever blade of grass looking for a lost something.  This went on for about 90 minutes.  They never did find it.  

I woke up at 1:30 to hear drag racing in front of my house.  That's it ... you hit my LAST button.  I called the Sheriff, who already had another caller on the phone.  I took a front row seat to watch the fun.  Two cars pulled up in no time with lights flashing!  

Those kids, I'm sure all of whom are under age, ran like rats fleeing a sinking ship.  It was hilarious to watch, and I admit, it gave me GREAT pleasure.  By the way, the Mom was home because her truck was in the driveway.  Suddenly it was quiet ..... ah how I love that sound.  Four people got stranded on the side of the road, sitting in the rocks because their ride drove off and left them.  

One of the deputies walked up to their door, but of course they refused to open it.  Why oh why did they not haul someone off to jail?

It was the last straw.  Apparently it takes a lot to get me mad.  From now on if there is ANY noise after 10:00, the Sheriff will be called.  I now even have their hotline number just for such occasions.  To make it worse, when I left the next morning, there were broken bottles all over the road.  

It's probably a good thing I've calmed down because next time I see them, they are getting a BIG piece of my mind ... not that it will matter, but maybe the threat of jail will help them make better decisions.


Sooooo after all that cooking and NOT burning anything, what do I do?  I make a quiche and burn the heck out of it.  I admit I wasn't very smart here.  The crust was a frozen one, but cracked in six places on the bottom.  I thought it would be okay.  Boy was I wrong.

As soon as I poured the egg mixture into the crust, it began seeping out the cracks, over the edge of the pan and all over my counter.  I threw it on a sheet pan, only to have it keep leaking until the pan got hot enough to cook the lava leaking out.  That a mess I made ... and sadly, had to clean up.  How can I be such a good cook in the ELKS kitchen and so BAD in mine?


That was my entire day.  I opened the door to the sewing room a couple of times, but kept telling myself to go sit down.  Cooper appreciated that because he like to snuggle.

In other news ..... guess who has been asked to cook the FATHER'S DAY BRUNCH??



12 comments:

  1. I can't believe how rude people can be. Glad you called the Sheriff.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't either Frances ... I just don't understand.

      Delete
  2. Despite the mess the quiche looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before we left home we tried making some quiche that we could take with us...crustless quiche that is. Our quiche pans leaked like a sieve! Worked a few years ago, don't know why it didn't this time.

    Brave to let them set up ping-pong on your lawn, I'd be afraid of them drinking, someone getting into a wreck, and guess who has the 'deep pockets' in a lawsuit????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I think ... the Mom is responsible for it all. Apparently she doesn't know that, or just doesn't care.

      Delete
  4. I've been on both sides of that equation. Both the caller and the runner. Got a free ride to the police station for my troubles and my dad got to bail me out. Ah, the stupidity of youth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummmmmmm ... you were a BAD boy!! Hey, everyone's had a drink or more, but this goes on constantly. I guess they have been really lucky that no one has gotten in a wreck.

      Delete
  5. Hi Nancy - longtime lurker, first time to comment. I get such a kick out of your blog. I particularly like the food related ones and agree that quiche looks pretty good even if you have a mess to clean up! Don't know how you cook those big meals tho.
    Wendy b. Riverside, CA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Wendy!! So glad to meet you!! I admit, I do love quiche, but this one was rather a hot mess.

      Delete
  6. So are you going to go for it? The Father's Day, I mean. My guess is that you will.......after a few days rest you will be thinking oh why not. Haha.

    ReplyDelete