Wednesday, May 17, 2023

SING IT!!!! B I N G O ... B I N G O

It was another fabulous night amid the 94 degree temperatures.  There's nothing better than hot sweaty people reaching in their bra to pull out soggy bills and pay for Bingo.   Oh yes, it's that time of year again. In spite of my protestations, I have two women who continually try to pass off their "boob" money.  It's time to put my sign back up on the wall ... not that it helps.  They still try me!!!

The second and third Bingos of the month are usually pretty quiet.  The first Tuesday is a knock down drag out kind of day because everyone got their welfare/retirement check. That means we are slammed.

The next two weeks are lighter in number, including mostly the hard core retired players who live for this EXCITEMENT.  I'm guessing mostly they have nothing else going on.  Very nice and respectful, this bunch, for the most part.  And so although there were no riots, with pitchforks and sticks poking us in the head, there are always one or two who cause problems.


You know how you get grouchy when you get old?  We have the perfect example every Tuesday night.  She's Portuguese and doesn't speak good English.  Well yes she actually does, but she likes to make everyone think she doesn't understand so she can swipe stuff off the table.

EVERY SINGLE WEEK.  I try to be patient, but she makes me crazy.  She knows which debit card to use, but always tries to use her credit card instead.  No credit cards allowed.  I tell her every time.  Then when it comes up credit, I quickly cancel it and we start all over again ... and again ... and again.

She yells at me ... I don't care.  She gives me the evil eye ... I don't care.  To make it worse, she never buys all her cards at one time and rarely remembers WHY she came to the table in the first place.  She comes back throwing money on the table and trying to walk off with more cards than she paid for.

It's always .... oh I didn't know .... or oh those cards stick together.  No they don't, I watched you pick up four cards one at a time, and only pay me for three.  On one game, we have a thing where if you don't like your one card, you can turn it in with $1.00 and get TWO cards in return.  Last night she tried to take four cards, but only paid for two and didn't turn in anything!!  

Her modus operandi is to run away fast and try not to get caught.  She gets caught every time and becomes SO cranky, she yells bad things in Portuguese!!  

At least she's not the one that pulls wet money from her bra.  I hate to say this, but it's always the biggest gals who obviously don't shower all that often.  Yessirree ... it takes all kinds.  I gave them the "if you don't carry a purse, use a zip lok bag" spiel ... and even offer to give them one.  I keep a few at my desk just for the occasion.  They don't get it and probably never will.  Big sigh!!

The night finally ended with the infernal machine balancing ... I love it when that happens ... as I walked out the door smiling.  You would too if you were LEAVING the dungeon!!

As to that lovely quiche that I had for lunch yesterday, here's my tip of the day.  Do NOT use broccoli in a quiche.  I had some left over that was going in the trash if I didn't cook it, so I chopped it up really fine.  Maybe it was a little too old, because it turned into little crunchy raw chunks that ruined the taste of the whole thing.  Too bad I now have to eat it because I don't want to be wasteful.  There are starving children in the world.


I got home to a nice quiet neighborhood while dodging the broken bottles on the road.  This is what I found when I walked in the door.  This kid!!!!!  One of his favorite pastimes is to put the ball in my shoes, then dig it out while slinging shoes right and left with his front feet.  Once he gets it, he does it again .... and again.  


So that's my chore for the day ... clean up all the shoes and plant a couple of plants I bought (once again) to replace those that died a horrible death with only skeletons remaining.  Hope springs eternal that THESE will survive!!




6 comments:

  1. Being Portugese descent I can tell you first hand those old Portugese ladies can be a real pain.
    Becareful out in the heat.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you have seen the TV Commercial for 'Pooph', the new order remover...so good it gets rid of skunk smell but so nature friendly the guy squirts it into his mouth. Get a bottle and set it on your table with a sign, "If you are sweaty, you are going to get sprayed." lol

    If you want Broccoli (or other hard veggies) in your quiche, it has to be cooked, or partially cooked (blanched) before you put it in your quiche pan. Spinach, on the other hand, works real good in quiche.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen that spray advertised! Just might work!
      Ahhh thank you for the veggie advice. I didn't know that. I think I'll try the spinach!

      Delete
  3. Cooper. The things dogs do for entertainment!

    ReplyDelete