Friday, May 26, 2023

Progress .....

Hello Blogger ... I see you have changed your format back to the old way!  Just when I figure out how to go with the flow, you change directions once again.  

Nights are good.  Not that I sleep much because I'm waking up every hour to check on Mr. Mr. to make sure he's not chewing.  If I move around much, I get THE GROWL that tells me to lay STILL!  That's a good sign that he's feeling a bit better.  It's funny how many habits he picked up from Miss Jessie.  That was the first one and it seems to be pretty lasting.

 He's still freaked out about the "feeling" and probably the itching.  I really didn't want to put on the cone of shame and lock him up, so I scrounged through my closet to come up with this .... pantyhose.  It fit perfectly, but didn't last long.  If anything is touching the spot, he's even MORE uncomfortable.

Scratch the onesie idea.  


Another half a tranquilizer and he slept for about three hours.  Ahhhhhhhhh ....  Unfortunately, another problem raised its ugly head.  When you sit on the couch all day long, you play with your phone ALL DAY LONG.  By the end of the day my thumb was killing me.  Next morning, it was even worse.  

Being the old cowgirl that I am (we always did our own doctoring of cattle and horses), I used some of that cortisone on my hand.  Wow ... that stuff works really GOOD!!  You would probably be surprised by all the cattle and horse medicines we used on ourselves when we were sick.  It was much cheaper than going to the Doctor.


Cooper sleeping gave me a few minutes here and there to work on the latest quilt.  All these little squares .....


will eventually become this.  I didn't get far because if I turn my back for two seconds, Cooper will try to bite and scratch.  I've tried neosporin, cortisone and some anti-itch cream, but nothing seems to work.  The good news is the antibiotics are working.  It's not NEAR as red or angry looking, but progress is slow.


I had to leave at noon for a meeting on the Father's Day Breakfast, so I slipped the cone on his head, told myself he would be just fine, and ran out the door, hoping to be gone just an hour.  Good grief ... traffic from the freeway repair gone wild was epic.  Apparently they diverted ALL the freeway traffic on to the highway I take to town.  

If you were in Arizona, some nice person would slow down and let you in.  Not so in California.  It was 15 minutes before I could make my only left hand turn.  I sat at the stop light through three changes before I even got close.  Guess I better find an alternative route.

Once the meeting was over after overwhelming the newest person in charge with the five item menu that turns into 20 items by the time you are done, I headed back home.  I had other errands, but instead just raced back home to Mr. Cooper.  He was of course fine as frogs hair (that's pretty fine) and barked like crazy.

Out the door we went with the ball, but it didn't last long.  He suddenly remembered the spot and got THE LOOK yet again.  It kills my heart.  It also reminds me that I wanted to be a veterinarian when I was in high school, but my dreams were crushed when the schools said NO WOMEN ALLOWED.  No kidding, women were not allowed to take any of the classes required.  It sure would have come in handy this last week.

On the way home, I decided to make a quick trip by the ranch, just to see how much it had changed.  Boy was I shocked.  I didn't recognize ANYTHING.  I'll post some pictures tomorrow.  In the meantime, I'm back on the couch with Mr. Cooper.






8 comments:

  1. You would have made an excellent Vet. You were as smart as a whip in school!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to go look up my report cards. Yup ... I still have them!!

      Delete
  2. You remind me of the Vet we had in Alaska with Skruffy. She grew up in a family of boys (said she didn't even know there was a difference between boys and girls until she was around 5 years old). You grew up on a ranch, she grew up in a commercial fishing family. Both her and your lives were full of work, sweat, hard knocks, and a loving family...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That gal that helped Skruffy ... she was a miracle worker!!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to read there is a wee bit of progress with Coop. I giggled at the panty house, sorry, but i can see that it would irritate more unless you really plastered it with cream. I'm sure you're happy when he sleeps 💤.
    I couldn't be a vet, I'd be crying all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cooper has the sweetest little face. Glad he's on the mend, poor little thing. Traffic is definitely crazy in CA, but with all the CA people moving out, it seems to be nuts in a lot of other states.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely see that. Winter in Tucson is crazy traffic.

      Delete