Saturday, May 6, 2023

Just Your Normal Day

It was a rainy cold day when I retrieved the critter cam.  This video is all of one second long.  I would like to thank everyone for the suggestions ... one of them is bound to work.  I do have a little problem though ... I hate to subject the fox to the same electric fence.  I'd really rather see them once in awhile.  

As for the skunk, I've even tried spraying them with wasp spray ... and yet they continue to return.  There's one other difference between these skunks and those further east.  These guys are on steroids.  I ordered a trap ... the LARGE trap ... from a company that said it was easy to nab them ... and it was completely enclosed for easy transport.  It was so small, my skunks couldn't even get their heads in it.  These guys weigh in at a whopping 20-25 pounds.  So there's that.

I did a test run with tuna, but the fox crew thought it was delicious.  I don't mind catching kitty kitties I can turn loose ... but catching a fox might be pretty traumatic for the little guys.  So we shall see what happens.  


It was a late night ... not because of TV or even insomnia.  My gosh darn neighbors had yet another party.  This time it was the inconsiderate ones who throw beer bottles on my lawn and in my back yard and made enough noise to raise the dead until 3:45 in the morning.  I just don't get rude people.

So at 4:00 am, I threw all those beer bottles back onto their driveway.  I hope they enjoy cleaning up the mess.  After ten years, I'm tired of being the NICE neighbor.

Rather bleary eyed, I was off to Costco to finally get another pair of sunglasses.  NO ONE has service like them ... and boy do I appreciate it.  Although they were hesitant to use my old frames, they agreed to send them off for new lenses.

The best part ... they were absolutely FREE.  The best thing I ever did was get a Costco credit card with cash back.  Since I didn't use the entire thing, they gave me over $100 cash back.  In a major surprise move, I did NOT spend it in Costco.  I've got way too much food in the freezer this time.


Next I was off to the Carniceria.  If you've never been to a Mexican grocery store, you're missing out on an experience.  To be honest, I'm always uncomfortable going in the door since I don't speak the language.  Only enough to get me in trouble.  I mean really, you can't even ask for what you need.

I just wanted some achiote paste to replicate that delicious grilled chicken.  Oh ... and tortillas.  The very thin flour ones that are so hard to find anywhere else.  It's also interesting to note that mostly MEN shop in those stores.  After searching every shelf, I found them.  And I bought them.  Of course when I got home, I discovered the Use By date was two days ago.  RATS!!

Big sigh .... but since I don't see any mold on them, I'm probably going to eat them anyway.


Here's the rest of my haul ... achiote powder, limes and Sazon Goya ... the best seasoning for rice.  It's a good thing I know a tiny bit of Spanish, because the gal at the counter didn't speak any English.  Don't you know they are all wondering why a white girl is shopping in their store!!  Yup ... uncomfortable.


Then it was on to Home Depot.  If I'm going out, I try to get it all done in one fell swoop.  Our store doesn't always have the best nature has to offer, but these will at least make it look like someone lives in the house.  Maybe they will get planted today.


Due to the ugly overcast day ... and freezing weather ... I spent the rest of the hours working on this quilt.  It's actually done at this point, but I think it needs one more border.  Luckily I have enough fabric to do that, but I'll wait and let it vegetate for awhile.  I love it, even if I did have to tear four of those spikey pieces apart!!


Mr. Cooper and I watched the Extreme Bull riding competition until way too late.  He didn't last long at all, so we hit the sack.  At least we got a couple hours sleep before the rude neighbors started up.


It's still cold and is supposed to rain again today.  That's okay .. it keeps me from turning my sprinklers on.  Then we are ramping up to a high of 96 degrees in seven days.  Won't THAT be fun!!!


6 comments:

  1. We have neighbors that party pretty loud. I feel for you.
    Your quilt is beautiful... I love the outdoor look. Do you ever sell any of your quilts?
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually there is a 10:00 pm limit on loud noise around here, but some people are just rude and don't care.

      Delete
  2. Love how that quilt turned out.

    Hope those bottles you tossed back onto your neighbors driveway all broke. Some neighbors can't be dealt with nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorite quilts ... for obvious reasons. I love the critters.

      Delete
  3. You could share a bit of that heat, you know. That's what a real friend would do. 😅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I can't believe you guys still have snow-like weather. Brrrrrrr

      Delete