Monday, June 6, 2022

SHEEESSSHHH!!!!!

 Weird day yesterday weather-wise.  It was a cool morning outside, so I turned on the fan, hoping to suck some nice cool weather inside.  Wasn't I surprised when I walked out to the patio to discover I was being hit with raindrops.  It IS June, right?  It stayed warm, overcast and muggy all day long ... feeling like I was in the south.

First things first ... I checked out the critter cam.  It's looking at the entire back corral, so it's rather hard to spot the creature slinking along the back fence.  My fox buddies are still hanging around, but you have to look very closely.  Tonight I'll set the camera up further towards the fence.  It's a challenge to see if I can capture them on video.


Quite early however, I was off to the Fizz Brunch at the Elks Lodge.  I never knew what a fizz was and when I found out what was in them, I didn't want one.  Apparently, they are all the rage.  The last time we did this, someone was running for something and we had a huge crowd.  This time there were maybe 150 people.

So these things are made with a vodka mix prepared in advance, kind of like vodka lemonade.  That goes in up to the first line.  Add half and half to the next line and ice to the very top.  Yucky-poo!!  Not my cup of tea.  Blend until it's a white frothy mess overfilling the blender, then pour into these pitchers.  The towels were my idea when I found out the pitchers dripped all over everyone, including me.


 Here's how it went ... the door opened at 9:30 because someone sent out the invitation with the wrong time ... it should have been 10:00.  Who drinks at 9:30 in the morning?  They guzzle down the fizzes until 11:00 when brunch is served.  YIKES!!!

I was happy I wasn't on the Chef list this time.  They did things a little differently, including overcooking many of the large pans.  Overcooking as in they turned black.  There's nothing like black egg casserole.  Me thinks the Chef had too many fizzes.  It's not easy keeping track of all those pans in the ovens.


After helping clean up the mess, I headed back home for some R & R.  As you can tell, Cooper got a new ball.  His tongue is hanging out because I've already thrown it 85 times.  


When I refuse to throw it any more, THIS happens.  At least he can entertain himself.  Suddenly, he was at the door barking like crazy.  That means someone is in my yard.  


You're not going to believe this ... my not-so-nice neighbors that I've had trouble with for many years, have been walking their dog on MY lawn instead of theirs.  I mean really, would YOU do that??  They have a lawn ... why not walk their dog on THEIR lawn??

I watched her run across in front of my door and head back to her house, so I checked my front walk.  Yessirree she let her dog pee on my FRONT PORCH!!  Are you kidding me?  I always try my best to be the good neighbor and not complain, but this was the last straw.

I walked over, knocked on the door and asked her nicely NOT to let her dog do that.  She lied saying she didn't know he did it.  I hate being the bad neighbor, but HOW RUDE!!!  Hopefully it doesn't happen again.  In the meantime, Cooper may just need to walk on THEIR front lawn from now on!!  Sheeessshh!  That was my Grandma's favorite saying ... sheeessshhh!!!  Similar I think to my "good grief"!!

And so another day ended while I watched the Elks Rodeo in Santa Maria, one of the biggest in California.  They also have the best steak and tri-tip barbecue around.  Speaking of barbecue, one strip of those ribs is going in the smoker this morning!!



16 comments:

  1. Those are some neighbors you have! Lol
    As my grandmother said, ‘ Nip it in the bud ‘.
    Your Elks club is very active, are they all that way?
    The fizz’s didn’t sound good but obviously they were
    enjoyed. Your a busy gal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this lodge is VERY active. Lunch every day, Friday dinners, lodge meetings twice a month which include dinner and one night of trustee meetings. That doesn't include all the special things like Mothers Day, Fathers Day, every other holiday and drive through chicken dinners. It can get crazy!!!

      Delete
  2. Again I forgot, Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I comment on a couple of blogs on Facebook and I seem to forget most every time! LOL

      Delete
  3. Could not believe it...we had rain from 1 am to 10 am, nice steady, never heavy...going to have a lot of green lawns for a week or so. Of course, can't wait until this next weekend, Friday 104, Saturday 102 in the forecast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow .. you got a LOT of rain! I'm hoping the weather guessers are wrong!

      Delete
  4. A Fizz....that would be "no". It actually sounds pretty good but my intestines would be very unhappy. You have a disgusting neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No fizzes for me either Elva. Neighbors can be trying, that's for sure!

      Delete
  5. Too many Fizzes could make for a bad meal.
    I remember my father shoveling a load on the neighbour's car that chased his dogs over to our lawn. The cops arrived to break up the fight.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes!! It's so crazy of them to bring their dog to my lawn even on a leash!!! But at least they pick up the big stuff.

      Delete
  6. Used to do a Gin Ramos Fizz at the Tides Restaurant in Bodega Bay..haven't had one in years. Of course now I can't afford the Tides..LOL. I agree with Elva disgusting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard of a gin fizz (although these are made with vodka) until I joined this lodge.

      Delete
  7. Well, the Fizz sounds good to me just not in the morning!
    Your neighbours are something else. Sheeeesssshhh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha honestly, I never tried the fizz. Five minutes of it sitting on the table and it separates into something very disgusting looking! I passed!

      Delete
  8. I don't know what it is about some dog owners. I don't know about those Fizz's but I'd give one a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as you drink it in five minutes (before it separates), I think they are probably good. Vodka certainly would be better than gin!

      Delete