Saturday, June 25, 2022

Oh Yeah ... SUPER GLUE!!

 Woohoo ... where's my fan when I need it!!  It was a lovely 103 yesterday with just the slightest breeze, making for some slow cooking without the tasty dinner at the end.  It's predicted to be 105 today, 106 tomorrow.  Geeze Louise!!!  

As to yesterday's blog, we will never all agree.  I have to say however, that I've worked very hard all my life, saving every dime I could and working my way into jobs that would provide a good retirement.  I will never apologize for my lifestyle.  I've more than earned the right to blow my money on fabric or anything else I want at this age.  I'm not on welfare, and I didn't get any of the millions of dollars most people got on the covid giveaway.  

I probably pay more taxes every year than ten people in this town put together, so that alone gives me the right to question the government and how their policies are affecting the nation.  Enough said.

Here's my tip of the day.  If you want to get rid of that musty smell in your RV or your home when it's locked up tight to keep the cool air inside, just burn some peanut butter cookies.  It works like a charm.  There's nothing like coming back home to the lovely smell of burnt sugar!!

Not really wanting to head outside in the heat, I spent a couple of hours conditioning my show saddle.  Leather is like your skin ... well, it IS skin actually ... and it needs moisture.  Enter a big old bottle of Lexol, applied using my best pastry brush.  There's no other way to get down in the cracks and crevices. 

I think she looks pretty nice.  No telling where she will end up when I'm riding horses in Heaven.  They tell me you can't take it with you.  Too bad ... she's my favorite.


I did make one quick trip to Walmart to pick up some super glue.  I took y'all's advice about trying to fix the broken frame on my glasses.  If you were a fly on the wall, you would have been laughing hysterically.  I followed directions for opening the tube, and quickly discovered it was glued to my fingers.  What??

I tried to apply it to the frame, only to find my thumb stuck to my palm.  YIKES!!  The tube apparently had a hole in the bottom and was leaking.  I grabbed two paper towels, only to find those instantly stuck to my now glue covered fingers.  What a mess!!!

I actually had to get a box cutter to cut my thumb loose ... it's okay, that skin will grow back ... before throwing the whole thing in the trash, or at least I tried to.  The paper towels were stuck permanently to my fingers.  I did finally get a tiny drop on the frame, and it seems to be holding.  Thank you for the suggestion.

My plan is to go to Costco for glasses, but they too are scheduled out for three months.  The sweet gal put me on her cancellation list and can you believe it?  She called me last night for an appointment this morning.  Except I already have an appointment for a haircut, which also takes a month or more to acquire.  I guess I'll be wearing these broken frames for awhile.  At least they don't hurt my eyes!!


As I mentioned before, there's more solar information.  Who knew this would get so complicated.  It's kind of like buying a car.  There are so many models out there, along with those car salesmen trying to convince you their model is the very best.  I'll post more of this tomorrow.


I'm off to find my horseshoe rasp to remove some of this glue and paper towels still stuck to my hands.  At least now I can see while I try and remove it!!



18 comments:

  1. Have you noticed that when you complain about inflation these days, some people immediately avert their eyes and don't respond -- as if they didn't even hear you? They probably have just revealed that they are Dems.

    I guess they just did the opposite of a rant. They aren't going to apologize for repressing a topic. So why should you apologize for going on a rant on your own blog?

    Perhaps if the price of masks started skyrocketing, that would get a response from these people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems there is no two way street any more.

      Delete
  2. I have to agree with the 1st commenter! Your saddle is absolutely gorgeous! Your super glue story had us cracking up this am! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate super glue!!! I still have paper towels stuck to my fingers.

      Delete
  3. It doesn't take a genius to do a comparative analysis of where this country was 2 years ago, and the current federal governments detrimental policies that have collectively caused harm to everything from National Security to the average persons standard of living. No one person (not even the President of the U.S.) is entirely responsible for what are now the highest fuel prices in history. However, when a President states that he is going to eliminate the fossil fuel industry, and enacts a number of executive orders that are negative to that industry, it's hard to NOT see how it might have an impact on the cost of that product. Unfortunately, we have a President who is cognitively declining, who is told where to sit, what to say, and is not allowed to take relevant questions from the press. In recent polls, up to 75% of the country thinks we're headed in the wrong direction. I guess we'll find out in about 4 months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes and yes. You said it much better than I could.

      Delete
  4. Who says you can't take the saddle with you? Then again, there is probably a BETTER saddle up there, one that your Mom and Dad are holding for you...what a happy day for you that will be! And guess what, there will be no need for soap boxes there too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they can bury me sitting on my saddle???

      Delete
  5. That saddle is beautiful! Love Dan's comment. I know that you worked hard and made wise job choices. I know you are frugal with some expenditures so you have the finances for the expenditures that are of interest to you. I know you lived your life in a way so that you could live your retirement years the way YOU want to! No one....no one...should ever question your lifestyle, your possessions, your daily financial decisions. No one! Oh...nice organizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elva!! I agree with Dan too ... he's more politically correct than I am!! LOL

      Delete
  6. I agree with Elva. I don't understand why they read your blog. It's your money and you can do what you want with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah ... not something I would do, but it seems to be the response to policies from this administration.

      Delete
  7. You do have some hilarious adventures in your daily life!
    I laughed and laughed about the Super Glue.😆
    Ive had a few myself and won’t buy it again.
    Absolutely no room for any error with this glue.
    Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy is that right Linda!! That stuff is dangerous!!

      Delete
  8. Been there, done that with the super glue! Love the saddle. We hated getting rid of ours but when we turned the page and started full timing we got rid of literally everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no room for error with that glue. I'm happy to say however that my glasses are still holding together.

      Delete
  9. Acetone.....I repeat: ACETONE. Never get out super glue with Acetone within reach.
    Because I've been there too.
    Norm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect!! And I happen to have some. Thank you!

      Delete