Friday, June 3, 2022

Renters ... You Gotta Love Them

 Yawn .... a very good morning to one and all as I sip my coffee on the patio, trying to get my mojo back.  These late nights are killing me!!  The weather most likely isn't helping.  It began to heat up to an unacceptable range in the high 90's when ZAP!!  This morning we're down to the 60's with clouds and rain expected by Sunday.  Then we'll jump back up to 104 for several days.  I plan on soaking up all the cool I possibly can.


Morning came quickly as I tried to get motivated.  I had two pair of Levis to return to Boot Barn.  Here's the thing ... you have to try on absolutely and without hesitation, every single pair of Levis you buy.  These two are the exact same brand and size as two I already purchased.  These don't even come close to fitting.  Why is that?

After trying on TEN PAIR, I finally found the same brand and again the same size ... and they fit.  How frustrating.  Is it just me??


With that out of the way, I headed to the dreaded Walmart to return a pair of shorts I bought.  Yes I probably should have tried them on first.  No, they did not fit.  After fighting for a parking spot in the lot, I wandered in and luckily made the return in quick order.  The nice lady talked me down after discovering my ATM card was missing from my wallet.  

I desperately tried to remember where I had used it last.  I bypassed JAIL and went directly to GO, whereupon I breathed a big sigh of relief when I found it in the back pocket of some shorts I wore two days earlier.  Whew ... that was a close one!!

Cyndae arrived right on time and we made a beeline for her rental.  If you've never had a rental, DON'T DO IT.  They are the biggest pain in the patoo and renters always trash everything.  As we walked up the walkway, amazingly this beautiful hydrangea was alive and well.  

Here's the thing, as is the thing with all renters I think.  Cyndae gave them notice over 3 months ago that she was selling the house.  They needed to move since they emphatically stated they could not afford the house payment, even though Cyndae found them a loan.


Instantly there were huge ... loud ... barks at the door, meaning a HUGE dog.  You could tell the instant the door was cracked because of the smell.  It was a Rottweiler which gave me pause ... and I'm a dog person.  I could hear two more dogs barking in the back.  It appeared they had begun to move things to a U-haul parked out front.  Apparently they had finally signed a contract to rent a house a few blocks away, which will cost them MORE per month than they would be paying if they bought this house.  

At the moment, they are past the move out date by 35 days, meaning they have to pay rent, but they refuse.  As we wandered around holding our nose, we discovered they had built an actual room of plywood in the garage.  The doughboy pool and trampoline are still in the back yard.  Otherwise, the place is an absolute wreck!!!

It took me two hours to calm Cyndae down after we left.  I've been there ... if she isn't nice to them, she will never get them out without damage to everything.  Get them out, fix it up and sell the house.  

So here I am at 8:00 last night ... you know I never go anywhere after 6 because I'm up so early in the morning.  This Elks gig is certainly messing with me since now two nights a week I have to be up late.  Notice the Levis and boots?  Yes, Nancy is protesting the tuxedo wearage (that's not really a word) by being comfortable.  I wore a white shirt and black jacket, hoping to blend into the crowd.  My plan was to sit in the cheap seats.

Instead, I was waylaid and drug kicking and screaming to the Trustee section, whereupon I got a fine for not wearing my name badge.  Really?  They completely missed the Levis and boots.


And so I crashed at about 11:30, having nightmares about walking around blind because I was so tired I couldn't open my eyes.  I know, I'm weird!!  Today will bring a trip to Costco.  That should make me cry long and loud over food prices!!!  Except for the roast chicken at $5.00 each.  I'm buying FOUR of them for the freezer.


14 comments:

  1. Mr. Ed said while you’re at Costco you can fill up for gas
    Five bucks for a pick and chicken Ain,t a bad price
    When you order online you always order from Amazon one size smaller the regular size and one size larger that way you only return to Did I say Amazon has free pick up and free returns…
    Always remember that 3 Bangladesh people are skinnier than you . so you’re gonna get three different sizes In your size

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually haven't checked Costco gas prices here, but I should. I imagine it's a few pennies cheaper since the line is always a block long to get in!! Ordering more than one size ... now that I never thought about. Good idea!

      Delete
  2. Know exactly what you mean about Levi's. Everyone asked if we were going to rent out our house when we moved from CA. Heck no! Working for the Sheriff's dept. saw way tooo many problems that took way tooo long to sort out, always in favor of the renter. Wasn't happening! Glad she's going to sell now! You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!! Yup renters can be awful and usually end up getting six months free rent while you try to have them evicted. Not fun at all!

      Delete
  3. We were at Costco yesterday. We only bought two of the roasted chickens. We noticed two uncooked chickens were $30.00, a lot different than $10.00 for 2 roasted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that crazy? I guess Costco is on my list for chicken from now on!! And they actually have people to check you out!

      Delete
  4. Learned the hard way myself by trying one pair and buying the same size that didn't fit. No receipt they ended up in the donation box.
    Also heard horror stories about renters. Every Landlord we've had have been in shock that they didn't have to clean up after us.
    You should be charging the Elks for a discriminating rule.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very careful about saving receipts nowadays! I don't understand renters ... especially when they could have bought the house themselves for less than the rent they will be paying.

      Delete
  5. The condo we live in was a rental that Marcia owned...it is now our home. Lucky for us the renters did not trash the place, but one couple (it was just a woman who swiftly moved her boy friend in after living there for a month) would break the condo rules all the time, causing us grief. The last guy we had in there was ok, but he was a slob, it took awhile to clean it up when he moved out and we moved in. Grrrrr...but thank goodness that is all behind us now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like their attitude is "it's not theirs", so they don't care how they tear it up.

      Delete
  6. Your outfit looks good! I'm not a Costco or Sam's Club member so I'm going to have to remember to have my daughter buy us a chicken. They are $9.99 at Belair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's almost worth the $50 a year membership just for the chicken! LOL. Have your daughter buy several!!

      Delete
  7. Renters are a good way to build equity in a 2nd home but you have to ask, it is really worth it?!?! That is a nightmare worse than the ones you are having!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!!! It's going to take a lot of money to clean that place up and get rid of all the junk before she can sell it. Not to mention the smell of dog!!

      Delete