Sunday, June 12, 2022

My New Hot Tub!!!!!

I'ma little teapot short and stout .... no that's not it ...... I'm what my dad would call a little LOW-GY this morning.  The heat doth take it's toll.  Coffee on the patio is no longer the morning wake up call.  I think it was 75 degrees yesterday morn, which only got worse as it climbed up the thermometer to 104, and I'm not even in Arizona!!

Here's my FIND of the day.  I really don't need a HOT tub ... I can do without the fire.  A nice horse trough would be just perfect, don't you think?  This idea from Mr. Ed is a tub for two ... I can get one half this size at my local feed store!!


Finally up and about, Cyndae and I headed off to Home Depot for flowers.  She wanted to place some pots around her walkway for the open house.  Really, what could be better than bending over playing in the dirt for two hours?  It was pretty fun actually as we made our masterpieces.

How hot was it?  We quickly discovered the hot sun had taken its toll on my wheelbarrow when the wheels literally fell to pieces.  Add a new wheelbarrow to my feed store list.  

Too bad you can't see the pretty flower containers we made, because two seconds later, they were packed in her car headed to the rental.


I picked up two plants ... one some weird kind of rosemary and the other a shrub with pretty blue flowers, both drought resistant and won't grow too big.  I haven't planted them yet since I was waiting for something other than screaming hot.  We shall see just how long they survive.  Even Cyndae is surprised at my brown thumb!!!


I also picked up these pretty coleus for the always shady spot in the corner.   Cyndae swears the brown leaves she gave me to plant, will live and be beautiful.  The Coleus will live in the same area, giving me extra color ... if they survive.  

The flower department is like a candy store ... oh look at that!!  Oooooh that one is pretty!!!  Maybe this one!!!  Knowing they have a fat chance of surviving with me, helps keep more money in my wallet.


Lunch was leftover ribs and biscuits.  It appears their box has changed design several times, but this is pretty much what it looks like.  Spoon biscuits they are and MOST tasty!!


While Cyndae delivered her flower pots, I took a picture of my grass.  Can anyone tell me just what kind of grass it is?  I have two big bare spots (no idea why) that need a little seed to fill in, but I have no idea what to get.  Maybe it doesn't matter!!  I would have asked at Home Depot, but they have no people on the floor any more.  I doubt the cashier would be much help.


I am happy to report I've checked on the rig several times to see the solar working like a charm keeping the batteries charged without being plugged in.  I wish I could do that with my house.  My usage is so low the solar guys won't even talk to me.  

It's time for a morning Cooper walk, so I'm off before it gets too hot for even that!!  Then there will be some playing in the dirt followed by goodbyes to Cyndae as she heads back home.  It's been a fun weekend!!!


12 comments:

  1. I would love to have a hot tub like that..with the option of heat if it were cool out. LOL. Seriously...Love the Coleus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they pretty? And only $7 each if I kill them!! LOL

      Delete
  2. Oh boy, you will be ten degrees warmer than us today. After three scorching days, we have a few days in the mid-80's due to the delta breeze coming through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like St Augustine grass, great grass. But likes more water than others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha ... so THAT'S why I can't seem to keep it green!! I had no idea. I'm currently testing new water tactics to see if I can lower my usage.

      Delete
  4. Oh yum . I have to try that biscuit mix. I like that tub!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elva ... those biscuits are AMAZING! Least I think so.

      Delete
  5. Like most plants if you don't plant them soon and let their roots spread to take in water and nutrients they won't survive. A little extra water to start should do the trick.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the AC.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect hot tub! With temps like that though you might be boiling like our lobsters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding .... but then I could enjoy my hot tub and eat at the same time!!!

      Delete