Thursday, June 9, 2022

Changing Hats Today

 Another beautiful cool morning slipped by yesterday as I sipped my morning caffeine.  I was already awake because Cooper demands his morning snack before 5:00.  He's been fooled now for 13 years.  The second snack is really the teeth cleaning treat.  Amazing how well that little nugget works.  I was thinking I just might have to try it since MY teeth cleaning bill runs about $300 a year!!

It was a draggy morning after late night Bingo, but I forced myself to actually get dressed in something suitable for Home Depot.  I really never have to go too far in that direction since many of the people who shop there wear their sweats and bedroom slippers.  On this day I needed my plumbers hat.

Let me just say that Delta faucets don't last at all.  My dad always said buy Moen.  He was right.  I've never had a Moan faucet fail, nor have I had to search the planet for washers that fit.  Delta doesn't sell any washers for their faucets ... they sell you the entire piece where the water comes out for $25 each, which they point out includes the washer.  No washer equals VERY leaky faucets!!


And so I looked for Moen, but YIKES!!  The Pfister was the cheapest.  I thought twice about ANY faucet when I figured up the price of installation.  Maybe a leaky faucet isn't so bad after all.

This one I DID have to replace.  The guest shower was spraying water everywhere but out the holes.  Yes, it was a Delta too.  Miracle of miracles, I actually found this MOEN shower head in the right bronze color.  It was the only one in the entire store.  I snatched it up in a flash, not even looking at the price.  I didn't care ... my little pretty!!!

Back home with my plumbers hat on and a little plumbers tape, she works like a charm.  Cyndae will be happy it works too since she's coming for another rental house check.  I'll be happy not to have to mop up all the water on the floor from the errant Delta.


Just because this stuff was on sale and I seem to have a plethora of black widow spiders, I picked up another jug.  It works really well ... so well in fact that I don't have to hire a Pest Control guy here.  No worries, the spiders are all outside and only come out at dark.  That's when my next hat goes on and I KILL KILL KILL!!!  Just kidding ....... maybe .........


My last stop in Home Depot was for plants to replace the ones I dug out, long dead from my lack of skills and the gardeners chain saw cutting off their water supply.  I'll get them planted this morning, adding drip that comes directly from the hose instead of through a long line sticking up in the air.

To top it off, I didn't even have to check myself out.  I went through the gardening section and straight up to the counter where the nice employee helped me.  Remember that for next time.  


At last I got to take all my hats off and just veg out on the couch.  I finally finished the hand sewing on this quilt.  I'm going to take a break from the other million piece creature and start up a cowboy quilt.


While bug spraying around the garage, I noticed something different about my rig.  This is the door lock which works so handily with a key fob.  Can you guess?  There's supposed to be a keypad with numbers on the right.  Apparently the numbers were just a stick on piece of plastic that has completely disappeared.  I have the fob and the keys, but what if I lose them?  I'll never be able to get back in, not knowing what the numbers are on the pad.  

Of course the box it came in is in Arizona, so I don't have the phone number to call.  I guess a detective hat is in order to see if they can mail me something that I can scotch tape to the wall!!


This was the kid as I watched the last of the bull riding late last night.  The top three riders are neck in neck as they being the summer rodeo schedule.  Hey ... it's better than watching all the death and murder mysteries!!


I'll be out planting my new flowers this morning in the cool air, throwing around a little spray to kill the fire ants invading the land.  Hopefully these plants will survive the power tool onslaught of the gardeners.


22 comments:

  1. Have you considered burying your drip-line deeper or putting metal shielding around the Plants and Nozzles.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your many hats.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but it's not the main drip line, it's the thin extension pieces used to get water from the line to the plant that keep getting cut.

      Delete
  2. https://www.rvlock.com/pages/contact-us

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Ed … Have….. black widow spiders look for their web/nest You need to destroy the web/nest to basically get rid of them that’s why most exterminators have a Long funny looking brush on a rod . home defense only slows them down doesn’t kill them…. home defense will not do anything for your fire ants
    If you go back to the garden department and pick up a handheld lawn seed spreader you can put fire ant killer granules (comes in a 5 pound bag)in that an do that anywhere u see the mound … you do a 3 foot circle around the mound. And what’s left over the the whole yard
    Home defense is only a top surface bug killer regardless of what the directions says
    If you get a sprayer that you can hook onto your garden hose to spray your yard does the same thing for seven dollars don’t throw away the bottle you could take the home defense put it in the sprayer an hook it back up to your garden hose and get many more uses out of that gallon
    I just wouldn’t suggest bringing the garden hose in the house it gets messy🤷
    Also Any product made by TERRO is good inside or out



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually the home defense does kill them if you go out at night and drown them in it! LOL. Yes I definitely need to spread fire ant stuff, but I don't want my dog eating it. That would not be good!!

      Delete
  4. Spiders are a big problem in our area and I was going to see how this "Home Defence" was performing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has always worked really well for me, especially in the dark garage. I don't have spider webs and there are always dead things on the floor. It says it works for 12 months, but I spray twice a year.

      Delete
  5. My husband will only buy MOEN faucets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup ... they have quality for sure. I suppose I'll have to replace the kitchen sink, just leave the rest.

      Delete
  6. SCORE! We have a working AC in the motorhome (not the portable one, which is now located in Arny's garage!) Just in time for 105 degrees tomorrow!!!! (will blog soon, I hope...so much going on right now)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!! That's awesome Dave. Glad you got that fixed!!!

      Delete
  7. I wonder how you learned to wear all those Hats?
    I’m truly impressed .
    I think the granules worked the best for us with
    Fire ants and they haven’t come back.
    Your quilt is beautiful just stunning!
    Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda!!! I have no choice since there's no Prince Charming at my house!! LOL. The granules ... I have some, just haven't spread it around. I think today is the day.

      Delete
  8. They don't give those faucets away do they. When we shopped for two for our camper, we got sticker shock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right??? I just have to tell myself it will last the rest of my life!!

      Delete
  9. You can order a replacement pad with the numbers for your door lock key pad. Go to rvlock.com and search for the pad. I have replaced ours twice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bill ... I will definitely do that!! I knew you would know!!!!!

      Delete
  10. Nancy, you want the RV4 Righthand keypad membrane, it is around $12.00 for one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pet safe fire ant killer
    https://www.peststrategies.com/product-reviews/ant-products/pet-safe-killer-fire-ants/

    ReplyDelete