Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Good People

 The stars have aligned and all is right on my patio this morning, thanks to Mr. Dave Burdick who checked Amazon for my coffee.  I've looked over and over, only to find it for $43.00 a can.  In fact, there's one for sale on Walmart for just that price!!  Obviously I'm not paying THAT!!

Low and behold ... there it was as I clicked the BUY IT NOW icon.  Yahoo I'm back in business!!  It's hard to give up something you've been drinking for 35 years!!

Cooper bugged me on the patio until I finally agreed to take him for a walk.  As you can see, he's always 20 feet ahead pulling on the leash.  He's a very fast walker/trotter.  


As per your instructions, I turned on the AC early in the morning.  It did cool the house down much faster than my little fan in the door, but sadly it didn't last long.  By noon it was cactus weather.  These 106 degree days are killing me.  I almost caved and turned the AC off, but decided I would go on a diet instead, trading food for COOL!!!  Maybe this will be the diet that actually works!!  I'm not holding my breath!!


My morning couch-snuggle-with-the-kid time was spent finishing up the binding on this quilt.  Another one finally bites the dust.  This is one of my favorites.  One of these days I'm hoping to find some border material and make this pattern again.


I'm also happy to say the ten minute sprinkler system is working really well.  The front yard is staying green while getting a little water every day versus a lot of water four days a week ... and it runs for four hours less per week.  That's a WIN in my book.  Gee, it only took me 13 years to figure that out!!

With this much warm going on, the kid was panting regularly in the afternoon, so out came the clippers.  It's not his favorite pastime, but he's a good boy and just stood there while I massacred his fur.  In return, he gets lots of hugs and a tasty treat!!


With the other quilts completed, I started on this new one.  This jelly roll (a roll of 2-1/2 inch wide strips) came from many moons ago when this fabric first came out.  I hate it.  It seems they always put the prettiest fabric around the outside so you'll buy it, filling the inside with everything they can't get rid of.  Smart marketing technique.


As you can see, there is lots of squaring up to be done ... I mean MASSIVE amounts!! ... but the end result is pretty nice.  You really can't see how ugly each piece is because there are so many small pieces.  As you can tell, it goes pretty fast too.  Always good in my book so I don't get bored and throw it in the corner.


That's it ... absolutely nothing exciting happened on this day, so Cooper and I will be out and about soon, walking the streets in the countryside.  Oh ... there was one more thing.  Our County Fair was just held, bringing up this story that I think came from last year.  

As much as I complain about the area, I can't complain about the people.  Most of them anyway.  I don't live in this town, but it's not far away.  It just goes to show you there are good people in the world, even in this little known-for-nothing town.


And so another day passes and it's time for BINGO!!!!!  Oh wait ... what did I find on the internet yesterday?  A new antique store!  Those are always good for a laugh since most of what's in them is currently being used in my house!!  I think a visit is in order.


14 comments:

  1. What a cool story! It really does restore your faith in humanity doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does! Not an everyday occurrence for sure.

      Delete
  2. Glad I was able to help...9 oz, 8 per case for nearly $44 is not bad at all! I am now paying over $20 for a large Dunkin Donut Coffee (Marcia's favorite) at Sams...use to be under $12 just 18 months ago, don't know what changed? (lol) [Note: I remembered you posted a picture a few years ago of your coffee stash and I asked if it was Hazel Nut, you responded it was Orange, which is how I knew what your coffee was. Now WHY I can remember that picture, but can't remember what we had for dinner last night is another story....]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And great story about the money raised for that family...but in the end, they would rather have mom back, who wouldn't? Who needs "Go Fund Me" when you have a community like that attending a local fair?

      Delete
    2. Oh yes ... I'm in the same memory boat! LOL. I have to admit, the farmers and construction guys around here are more than generous when it comes to buying those fair animals.

      Definitely thank you for the coffee heads up!!!

      Delete
  3. That is a beautiful quilt. Cooper looks so cute. I read that story about the money raised at the county fair. If you didn't post it then it must have been a local news agency that posted it. The weather will be changing. Back to the 80"s by this weekend. That will make you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quilt! So feminine! What a beautiful story :) Cooper looks adorable! That little face :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't help but say 'Ah, cutie pie, Cooper!' Such a sweetheart, he deserves a walk and maybe a ball game, Mom?
    Lovely quilt, I agree, and I'll always be impressed by your ability to put the designs together so quickly. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS, Good job with the watering AND the a/c. I still think it is the time of day to put it on. ♥ Oh and perhaps the antique shop will have a/c that you don't have to pay for!

      Delete
    2. Yup ... we think alike Patsy!!! Shopping does keep you cool!!

      Delete
  6. Golly, what kind of coffee are you hooked on? Lol
    It seems Amazon has most every thing. Yay!!
    Does your home have lots of insulation?
    It seems as though your home should cool by
    running the AC so much. Also maybe your unit
    isn’t large enough. Just trying to figure out this
    problem. 🤭
    Love the quilt.... beautiful colors.
    Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I drink Maxwell House International Coffee ... Orange Cafe. Been loving this instant coffee since the 80's. Yes, I have lots of insulation, it's just really hot right now, with the overnight lows not getting below 75. It's just hard to keep it cool and not pay an arm and a leg!!

      Delete