Wednesday, September 30, 2020

This Is Just Weird ....

 Some days it doesn't pay for me to get out of bed.  Let's face it ... I live a life on the edge!  I arrived at the Pumpkin Patch at the appointed time.  We (the local Pastor's wife and I) completely forgot to open the front gate.  It didn't matter though since no one showed up until noon.  It was the worst day in the history of the patch.

I know that's really not weird, because we are only open for pumpkin sales on Monday and Tuesday.  Today the patch opens at 11:00 for pumpkins and for entertainment at 3:00 and I'm on tractor duty.  Until 7:00 pm. 

 
It's really weird that it's October (basically) and our temperatures have been 100 every day.  What's up with that?  I've had a hard time being outside, even though I drink ten bottles of water every day.  In spite of doing everything possible to stay alive, I do seem to be slowing down.  That's weird!!

Anyway, we spent the day making up these arrangements all over the property for your purchasing enjoyment.  All weighed out, each one has a price tag attached for the entire thing.  They run from $25 to $40.  If nothing else, it kept us entertained and busy.

Then there was the trio that came to the window.  When told they had to pay to get in ... $7 each gets you a $7 token towards pumpkins ... they walked right on by the window without paying.  This time I raced out the door after them, explaining the process.  They said the girl told them they could take pictures for free.  No ... no she didn't because I was standing right there listening.  They left in a huff.

I won't mention their ethnicity, I'll let you guess.  They got in their car, drive to the little entrance display, jumped out and grabbed a huge hand full of flowering plants growing in the ground, ripped them out of the soil, jumped back in the car and floor-boarded the car down the dirt driveway.  Nice of them, yes?  And they wonder why they have a bad name!!! 

Finally home, I crashed on the couch and let the puppies out, first doing my scheduled walkaround for skunks.  Yes my friends, they are still here occasionally.  They do tend to stay away from the house if I leave the patio lights on.  Trouble is, the light shines right through this shade thing and keep the pups and I up at night.

I can fix that .... I grabbed my trusty ladder, a huge roll of duck tape and a quilt.  Sounds reasonable, right?  I was in bed for ten minutes when it fell to the floor, scaring all of us.  RATS!!  While putting the ladder away, I spotted some big pieces of cardboard.  That would be a MUCH better solution since it was lighter weight.

Back with the ladder and the cardboard, I didn't have enough hands.  I grabbed the duck tape with my teeth and tore off a piece.  Wait .... it stuck to my lip.  I'm telling you, this could only happen to me.  When I carefully pealed it off, it took off half the skin on my lip.  OUCH!!!!  I can't believe it did that!!

I smothered it in Neosporin, hoping it would be all better this morning.  Nope!  I look like a boxer took at shot at my face.  My lip is swollen to epic size.  Why me???

Well, as you can see, my taping job with the cardboard didn't fare much better.  One piece fell down, but at least didn't wake us all up.  The good news is a torn lip is a dieters dream.  I won't be eating anything soon.  Here's hoping today will be a good day on the tractor!!
 

16 comments:

  1. I won't mention their ethnicity, I'll let you guess......... I know teacher I know there Plutoins From the planet Pluto.. They eat flower snacks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha!! Well, I hate to say it but there's two groups we have trouble with. The second group is the gang girls wearing short shorts who want to fight. You already know who the first group is.

      Delete
  2. Now for the next day or two when 'heathens' try to steel, get in free, etc., just point to your lip and say, "You see this, the last person who tried to cheat us gave me this, want to see where the backhoe dug their grave?" They will run away very quick...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suggestion: Try drinking Gatorade. I noticed if I was working out in the yard, water wasn't helping. I would get a tall glass of ice & put some Gatorade & drink that along with the water. Helped a lot. Liz, Boise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Liz. I actually do have some. I'll take it with me today!

      Delete
  4. WOW! People are amazing aren't they?! So sorry about your lip, makes me hurt thinking about it! I'm thinking you could handle ice cream..lots of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, as a matter of fact, ice cream isn't bad at all!

      Delete
  5. With the exception of the Pumpkin Patch, which you obviously enjoy, I am wondering why you came back to CA in the first place. I would have stayed in AZ I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well ... I have this big house here that requires attention. I love the house, just not the neighborhood!

      Delete
  6. That torn lip just screams for ice cream! Or a snow cone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A nice icy snow cone just might do the trick. I can tell you lips are slow to heal.

      Delete
  7. Amazing how you can get yourself into predicaments like that. Hope the skunks appreciate your efforts and the dogs too. Guess what I did. Studied for a week to take my CDL exams and when I went in today, they told me RVs are EXEMPT!!! What a dummy I am. :)). I did learn a lot though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you haven't seen the worst of it Doug. I just seem to be attracted to weird things like that. It's true ... no test for an RV license. It's still good to study because I've found the rules change a little. Definitely different between Arizona and California.

      Delete
  8. Ok. Everything seems back to normal with your blog. Like I said on Messenger....ice cream ice cream ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely ice cream!!! It's probably good I'm wearing a mask part time at the Patch ... people can't see my torn lip! LOL

      Delete