Tuesday, May 19, 2020

It's Been A Bad Hair Day

We are having a bad hair day.  You know those days when you should have just stayed in bed?  That was Sunday for me, which bled over into Monday and now Tuesday, just because it could.

I was so excited to go to the little church celebration of our Hometown Heros, that I decided to wear my fanciest go-to-church boots.  That was my first mistake.  I pulled too hard trying to get one on and messed up my back.  How could that happen?  It was a hard decision whether to attend or not, but by golly I was not going to miss it.  I wore my old boots instead.

Sadly by the time I got home I could hardly walk.  The more I sat, the worse it got, so I stood up most of the day.  I need a chiropractor, but of course he's closed.  Instead, I have a little trick where I roll around on a tennis ball.  Don't laugh, nine times out of ten, it works.  Yesterday was number 10.

While lounging on the couch trying to get comfortable, Mr. Cooper ALSO had a bad hair day.  I couldn't help but laugh at my sleepy eyed guy.
Want to see something funny?  This is him the day I brought him home from work.  Yup the lady brought three of them to work trying to find homes.  When she handed him to me, he grabbed me around the neck with both paws.  What a sucker I am.  That was eleven years ago.
Here's his first haircut picture.  He's such a cutie, except for that habit he picked up about growling the most horrible I'm-going-to-eat-you growl when you move in the bed at night.  Once he settles in, Jessie and I are not allowed to move even one inch.  He makes me laugh every time.
In the meantime, other towns are taking up the call.  Some clothing stores in Modesto have opened up.  Since hearing about our restaurant openings, the ABC (State Alcohol Board) has descended on town trying to keep alcohol from being served in bars and restaurants with the threat of taking their license away.  The City Attorneys are working on that as I type.  Nothing like threatening your constituents with complete shutdown forever.  It's going to be a fight to the bitter end.

In the meantime, Newsom was supposedly seen in Montana where his wife owns property.  Of course they are denying that to the hilt since that's not following his stay-at-home directive.  Some news stations say he was there, some say he was not.  You just don't know who to believe any more.

As for me, I'm now stuck home until my back gets straightened out.  Wouldn't you know ... they open things up and I'm on the couch.  I hope your day does a little better!!







16 comments:

  1. The easiest way to solve the problem
    I think if the people of California or any state for that matter wants to open up to the public it needs to put signs up everywhere before entering anywhere stating

    due to the coronavirus COVID-19 entering any public place of gathering may be hazardous to your health and your Health insurance coverage will be void and null

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That just might work. Apparently they still have to have some guidelines, but mask wearing is optional. Around here very few wear them anyway. There have been maybe 6 incidences, all recovered with antibiotics and HCQ.

      Delete
  2. Just using the confirmed cases number
    What's going to be interesting picking California had 82,000 confirmed cases starting on March 19 that 60 days that's 1366 confirmed cases per day it's going to be interesting to see where those numbers go if you wipe out the 82000 and start for May 19 as a new day one over the next 60 days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. However, just like Colorado and other states, California has been counting OTHER deaths as virus deaths. If they tested positive, even though they were asymptomatic or even recovered from Covid 19, they STILL counted them as virus deaths. The average now is about 25% of those recorded as actual virus deaths were NOT virus related. No doubt the numbers will be higher since they are testing thousands more people now than at that time.

      Delete
  3. So sorry about your back! You know there are times we can just move weird as we sleep and wake up with a pulled muscle in our chest. It happens so easily our bodies do weird things. Glad you were able to make it to the celebration though, what a great day! I think everyone should open and then we make the decision whether we go or not..we are supposed to be adults, not treated like children..but it's worked for the last few months. Uhhh.. I believe that's exactly where Newsom is! Cooper is just too cute for his own good! He has me hooked!! :) Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree ... we should be able to make decisions ourselves. Cooper has me twisted around his little paw.

      Delete
  4. Since you probably not into using a Chin-Up Bar to straighten your back try an Inversion Table. You strap your ankles then invert the table. Using your bodies own weight it allows your joints and muscles to reset themselves in place.
    Cute Hair Dos on Cooper.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your couch.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried the chin up bar, but my elbows give out before my back loosens up. An inversion table ... now THAT might work great!!

      Delete
  5. Let's see...by Private Jet Gavin and Family could get from Sacto to Bozeman in about 2 hours. A GOOD investigative reporter would look into FAA flight filings to see if any such trip took place over the past week or so...but there are FEW GOOD investigative reporters around any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha you are right. Investigative reporters are not what they used to be!!

      Delete
  6. Mr. Cooper and his bad hair day....too cute. Jerry finally got over his back problem. His hip goes out. Usually he can exercise it back into place but like you that didn't work. So to the chiropractor he went. Isn't that weird about the Montana trip? Some news sources said he was in Montana. Others said "no". Weird times. Hope you make a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just goes to show you never know whether to believe the news or not.

      Delete
  7. So sorry to hear about your back! I once threw out my back stepping off a curb! Back pain is the worst, so I wish you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so weird because I rarely EVER have any problems like this. I guess getting older involves being more careful of everything.

      Delete
  8. Sorry about your back. Not sure if you can do any stretching but as soon as you can bend one way or the other gently, give it a try. :)
    You know what I think about that Cooper face, those puppies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to stretch out slowly every morning. Think I need more of that.

      Delete