Saturday, May 2, 2020

FREEDOM ... FREEDOM AT LAST!!!

Don't those words just sound wonderful?   I could go for a little of that freedom right now.  To that end, many people from our little County went to protest at the Capital this last week.  Notice there are no masks.  I bet there was lots of herd immunity going on there, which is exactly what needs to happen according to the Doctors.
Had I known about it, I probably would have attended.  Interestingly enough, there is a rumor going around ... well possibly, maybe, could be not a rumor, but I can't tell you who, what, where or when ... that our County will be opening up this coming week.  It's about time.  
As people have noted, the Governor has every single hair in place.  He's certainly getting haircuts.  His wife?  She has perfect hair AND fingernails ... so someone is working on her also.  Funny how there is that double standard.  I can do it but you can't!!  So we shall see what happens.
In the meantime, with no Elks Lodge Magic Kingdom going on, I am rather stuck at home.  I've tried cleaning out rooms, but always seem to get stuck back on the couch.  I have SO much junk that is really good stuff, I don't want to just throw it away.  Probably the worst problem with staying inside is the resulting zero motivation.

So I've spent the last couple of days working on the binding for this quilt.  In spite of my attempt to use a color other than black, which is terribly difficult to see, I always end up with black.  It's looks nicer ... makes a nice crisp edge.  Sounds like I'm baking a pie.  Anyway, this one is in the bag.  

In the afternoon, I raced off to my quilter's house to pick up two more to bind and dropped off two for her to quilt.  That brought to my attention my latest problem.

My truck's air conditioning works when I first start the engine.  It even works for the next ten minutes.  Then it stops completely and blows out HOT air.  When I stop and turn the key off, then start it again ... voila ... cold air for another ten minutes.  What the heck?  I'm not looking forward to a $500 repair bill.
The best part of the day soon arrived.  With no Elks Lodge happenings, they are running short of money.  All, as in 100% of the Bingo money, must be spent on charities.  The Lodge is run on income from the bar and restaurant.  With everything closed down, they still have bills to pay, but no income. Can you imagine how many businesses are having the same problem?

Let there be ribs!!!  So the Sheriff joined up with some of the crew to make barbecued ribs for sale at the back door.  $15.00 for a huge slab of ribs (only half of which are shown here), along with cowboy beans, cole slaw and cornbread.  Not a bad deal, yeah?

I bought four meals (trying to help out the lodge) and took two over to my girlfriend who won the burger.  I took the other two home and will eat on them for the next two days.  Win Win!!!!
So that may be all you see on the blog for the next two days ..... RIBS!!  Not really, I'm going out on a foray today to see what I can find.  Then I will again be locked down as I trim bushes and spray weeds in the back yard.  OH THE FUN!!!







14 comments:

  1. Hmmm, your Like button is on vacation. They all are, must be in quarantine.
    The best part of your day is indeed the RIB meal! What a great thing for him to do and you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! there, your buttons are working again. :)

      Delete
    2. This blog things acts fishy once in awhile. Many times it doesn't like me at all!! LOL

      Delete
  2. OH NO! Nancy is sick...she is begging for the Bingo to start up again! (LOL)

    I saw this...thought you might appreciate it:

    Nancy's nephew sat on a wall,
    Nancy's nephew had a great fall.
    All the Dems Kings, and all the Dems queens,
    Couldn't put Newsom back on his throne again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?? LOL When you're single and home alone, you do tend to go crazy!!!

      Boy do I ever hope that poem is correct!!!

      Delete
  3. It is not fair when our leaders have double standards.
    Nice looking Ribs. Bet they were tasty too.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were delicious!! Our Sheriff can really barbecue!

      Delete
  4. Yesterday there was a protest rally at the Capitol. My friend drove up from San Diego. He shared two videos. The first video showed officers in regular uniforms, most not wearing a mask. Later officers showed up in riot gear, all wearing masks. My friend said he didn't understand and there was no need for riot gear. Of course the riot gear officers is what was shown on TV. Rant over. Beautiful quilt and great food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well of COURSE they wouldn't show the officers without riot gear. After all, it was a HUGE protest rally. NOT!! I'm telling you, you can't believe anything in the news any more.

      Delete
  5. There was a protest at our capitol on Thursday which made out governor extend the stay at home order until the end of the month! She has a political agenda I think! Anyway, her hair and make-up always look perfect when she's on TV so yeah, double standard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly ... you think they don't have a salon stylist and a nail gal? Yet we can't be allowed to do the same. I'm glad there are so many protests so they don't think they can run over everyone.

      Delete
  6. Yup, herd immunity is a good thing. Have you thought about how the herd gets there?
    Ribs look wonderful. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course ... we all get sick!! LOL Not necessarily though. Some people will get a very mild version, some people won't show symptoms at all and some people will be very sick. It's been that way for eons I think.

      Delete
  7. Too bad more people didn't turn out for CA protest at the Capitol..but the ones that did HURRAH! The riot gear is ridiculous and no need for it. I didn't get to comment yesterday or I would have said we were going to Carson City's protest. Glad we did. Herd immunity is needed..but wait if no one gets sick anymore no more "Free" money from the Feds..How sweet of you to buy those ribs and share with your girlfriend :)

    ReplyDelete